VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

4 hours ago, pashacar said:

I remember hearing such bad things about HP's operations a few years back, but it sounds like those have really turned around. Is that right?

Went to HP last year for the first time in 7ish years and I was blown away. Was there for a Guns N’ Roses show and went to the park the day before since it was right there. It was incredibly clean and every ride was up and running. Being able to have a beer while I waited in some of the longer lines was a great bonus, considering it was something around 90 degrees that day.

Great Adventure is my home park and will always be my favorite, but going to other parks makes me want better for GA sometimes.

• Like 1

Last year I found HP's operations so poor that I didn't renew my SP there this year. I did not have a single good trip there in a couple of years between bad operations, high number of SBNO rides, poor food service, and high crowds. 

Edited by The Master

Went to the park today for the first time all year. Only was there from around 11am-1:30pm, started getting a bit more crowded when we left but wasn't too bad.  Was able to get on everything I wanted to in that time. The Joker, Kingda Ka, and Zumanjaro were all closed (and obviously El Toro). 

Was disappointed to see it they removed all the hand sanitizers dispensers at the ride exits. It would be nice to be able to sanitize my hands after touching restraints who knows how many others have touched, regardless of whether you think there is still a pandemic or not

Edited by SFGadv123
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, I Have No Name said:

Please elaborate more :)

The friendly staff, the atmosphere, the ride operations, the food options, the cleanliness, it’s just a well run park with one of the best ride and roller coaster collections out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the old Jungle Habitat property as a vendor at Lunar Faire today. Funny to think about the fact that it was run by Warner Bros, closed partially due to competition from Great Adventure, and now we’ve got Warner Bros IPs all over the park. 

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Is there anything substantial left from the old park?

I didn’t explore fully since the event itself was just in one of the old main parking lots, but there isn’t much. The double tunnel from the entrance is still there, but beyond that it’s pretty much decaying foundations, fences, etc. There’s evidence that something was there at one point, but absolutely nothing that indicates it was Jungle Habitat.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 3:58 PM, pashacar said:

I remember hearing such bad things about HP's operations a few years back, but it sounds like those have really turned around. Is that right?

It depends on the ride. Fahrenheit still has abysmal operations and Storm Runner was only running one train so even with Fast Track I had to wait about a half hour after the scanner checkpoint to ride SR. Great Bear and Candymonium are B&Ms so no surprise that their operations were great (I rode Candymonium first thing when I entered the park before even buying the Fast Track and I waited 70 minutes from the 120 minute point). Laff Trakk had some pretty slow operations even with Fast Track but it’s a Wild Mouse so that’s to be expected. The biggest surprise was how good Skyrush’s operations were. I also rode this before getting the Fast Track because it was the roller coaster I was most excited for since I had waited ten years to ride it, and it flew through the line, which is very uncharacteristic for an Intamin. The park was very crowded but other than Fahrenheit, Laff Track, and Storm Runner the lines seemed to be moving. Even the line for Sidewinder (I refuse to call it by its new name) with it’s one train moved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 10:34 AM, GAcoaster said:

So was the Six Flags commercial during the NBC coverage of the Macy's Parade national? It was a generic Sis Flags Black Friday pass sale commercial and it ran here in Orlando. Kind of surprising to see and probably expensive... 

I was watching, but NBC was spazzing out. Didn't get to see that ad! 

Anyway, I've been on JDC since that one post of mine. Now I have to go on Ka and Joker... Toro will be waiting for me at the start of the 2023 season!!

I really like that Great Adventure (and the other Philadelphia area parks) are showing their support for the Eagles. Although I'm sure there are some Giants fans that aren't too happy about it with the park visitors probably closely split between rooting for the Philadelphia or NY sports teams.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...