VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

The log flume is running today. Green Lantern's third train is still below the maintenance building. I don't think we will see it running anytime soon.

The park really struck me as worn down. There were weeds everywhere. The trains were in pretty bad shape too. On Ka, I could move my harness a good inch left and right. On El Toro, there was a screw sticking out which nearly cut my leg.

I didn't get to try the SORA, maybe next time.

I noticed the water at HH was already murky despite only being the second weekend open for it. They probably aren't injecting enough bleach into the water to burn up the contaminants. Six Flags also uses a copper Algaecide which are well known to cause more harm than good because because of really bad side effects.

The water at Hershey's Boardwalk was crystal clear even though that is open everyday.

• 3 weeks later...

I sadly haven't been to the park this season. But I am going in the next few weeks. How are the crowds and how is Safari Off Road Adventure?

The crowds are HUGE this year at both the water park and the amusement park. If you are really motivated to experience the new safari then either buy a flash pass or spend 2-3 hours total for the waiting and the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not just Magic Mountain. It seem like the whole of Six Flags is going after this "YOLO" demographic as their new focus on promoting thrills is apparent in the current park merchandise, advertising partners and the overall vibe of the park. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it's most certainly a change from the more "family friendly" mentality of a few years ago. What do you think?

From Theme Park Review's Facebook page.

Just now, the thought of even more of those 'hipster' creatures running around Great Adventure is enough to give me nightmares for the rest of the summer.

Edited by MarioSonic94

I was wondering if GA has turned on Skull Mountain's waterfall yet. (Not the Adventure RIver waterfalls, they were running.) Every time I visited the park this season, the waterfall was not on. Did anybody else notice if it was on? Earlier this season, I asked a cast member about it, and they responded "What waterfall? Skull Mountain never had water running from it before." :Screwy:

Yes it does at 530AM.

Is 1640 AM a Six Flags station as well? Because I just questioned my dad about it, and he is saying that's what he remembers. Maybe there is a second station? :hmm:

Maybe 1640 AM is a forgotten station that hasn't been updated since 2009, advertising "Amazing and exciting coasters, such as The Chiller, Kingda Ka, and the Great American Scream Machine! And don't forget to take your kids to our kiddie areas, including Bugs Bunny National Park and Balin's Jungleland!" :biggrinjester:

Edited by laurenalexis

There was HEAVY drug use in the park on Saturday. I saw many people smoking joints around the park (including the people directly in front of me in line for Nitro). People were also using drugs in the bathrooms. The person next to me on Bizarro was high... And same with the person next to me on Nitro.

There was HEAVY drug use in the park on Saturday. I saw many people smoking joints around the park (including the people directly in front of me in line for Nitro). People were also using drugs in the bathrooms. The person next to me on Bizarro was high... And same with the person next to me on Nitro.

Drugs in the park? This is ridiculous, especially with how much security there already is. It's people like these that are going to wind up giving Great Adventure body scanners at the entrance. There will also probably be a significant increase of the security guards as well. :cursing:

Today I happened to be looking at Batman and Robin: The Chiller's Wikipedia page, and I noticed this:

It was bought and it is being built in another park!

Just in case it is too small to read, it says:

Beto Carrero World

Opening Date: 2013

se9s.png

Drugs in the park? This is ridiculous, especially with how much security there already is. It's people like these that are going to wind up giving Great Adventure body scanners at the entrance. There will also probably be a significant increase of the security guards as well. :cursing:

I think the solution to this would be to stop having concerts and festivals that will encourage these type of people to come to the park.

It was a dubstep festival. Did you really expect to see teenagers/young adults with working brains and no drug issues?

Granted, while I can name three exceptions when it comes to dubstep fans (Kaiser, Kevin (coasterfreak96) and one of my best friends), the stoner fans far out number the sane and rational fans.

Edited by MarioSonic94