VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Not surprised CAD this year was so empty due to the cold and high winds. Normally I go but it was just too cold for the coasters for me. Just not worth to risk catching a cold, I always catch colds if I am exposed to breezes for a prolonged amount of time, even A/C on a hot day.

Does anyone know what rides are going to be open for the Cinco de Mayo ERT on Sunday? I'm definitely going to the park Sunday afternoon, just debating whether or not the ERT will be worthwhile.

Grr... it's on a Sunday so I can't go (with school the next day it would be rather difficult) . Since it is Cinco De Mayo, it would make sense if they ERT'ed El Toro and Plaza Del Carnival

The Park is open on Thurs To Sun starting on the 14th. One of those Thursday's will most likely be the Media Day for El Diablo. Passholder only will prob start at Noon on Media Day and be the following Friday.

I still have to go there. I love a nice old parks. I had a great time at kennywood a few years ago. It's a completely different experience. I also have to get to Lakemont park to ride the worlds oldest coaster Leap the Dips

Well, i tried one of those G Adventure Facebook group's, and most of my "Veteran" friend's (and webmasters from the GA sites) from the Park were right. They are all are mostly idiot's that just take the Park WAY too serious. I'm going to make a "group" where there is a test to get in lol.

GREAT News. That one intamin launch Coaster in Ferrari World that was going to beat Ka's height record......now is NOT. The revampted plans that were just released at a Groundbreaking Ceremony have it now listed at 367ft, and no "speed hump" like our version.

^I doubt it. They only went to 325ft because the park asked for it. The only practical way to reach 400 ft is with a launch, and even if B&M decided to use a launch their LSM launches don't accelerate nearly as fast as hydraulic launches; meaning, the launch track would have to be at least twice as long as Kingda Ka's, which no park could really fit realistically. For now, since Intamin patented the hydraulic launch, if a park wants to break the 400ft barrier it's going to be with them. (Or a polercoaster if they have the money)