VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

If it's only 5 rafts for both slides, I would hope it's not permanently running like that (although I would have thought they would have extras). If the raft lift is like Aquablast, it takes a couple of minutes for the rafts to get to the top of the slide tower and they would probably only send a raft every few minutes on each slide.

5 for both sides, I did see a sixth raft sitting on the grass not in use. A lifeguard at HH, once told me the park doesn't run many rafts because guests poke holes in them with their keys, which doesn't explain how a small water park like Splashzone can afford to operate more rafts than HH. As you can expect, the line moves very slowly because of the low number of rafts at HH.

Classic SFHHNJ. Nearly everything they do is a slap in the face to their guests.

Even other SF parks do it night-and-day better; I was at SFNE this weekend and their HH was fully staffed with plenty of rafts, which kept lines modest, even over the busy holiday.

Pathetic, simply pathetic. Shouldn't the purpose of a waterpark be to create an enjoyable experience for guests and not to clean out their wallets in any way, shape, or form possible? I mean offer flash pass if you must, but at least have enough tubes and staff so the rides can operate at a decent capacity. The whole tube rental thing is nothing but a way to clean people's wallets. There's no excuse for not buying enough inner tubes. One can buy a single inner tube for about 10 dollars. Waterparks buy in bulk, so the unit cost is probably a lot less. Clearly the lack of tubes at SFHHNJ is simply a way to try and force flashpass and tube rental sales.

• Like 1

In all honesty, the only slides that take forever at Hurricane Harbor are the family slides. Of course everything has a wait but when i went last wednesday there was virtually 10 minute-5 minute waits for every slide except the famiy raft slide. Aka the slides my friends and i didnt go on;)

In all honesty, the only slides that take forever at Hurricane Harbor are the family slides. Of course everything has a wait but when i went last wednesday there was virtually 10 minute-5 minute waits for every slide except the famiy raft slide. Aka the slides my friends and i didnt go on;)

Yea, I agree. I've never waited a really long time for the regular slides, the only slides that ALWAYS have a line, are the 4/5 person slides. I've had my pass for like 3 years now, and still haven't gotten on The Tornado, because I don't want to wait 3 hours.

The toboggan slides take awhile too since they run only 6 rafts on them now, they used to run 10. King Cobra has very low capacity and is very slow moving. Tornado has long lines all day to closing. Last time I was HH, which was a weekday all the slides had much more than a 10 minute wait all day. The Lo Q employees make people wait at least 15 minutes before they allow you to grab a tube and wait in line on the stairs. Most water parks you just grab a tube at go up the stairs unless it is really really crowded.

To the few points above, there's this weird mentality that not doing your best (or even close to it) is acceptable, as long as it's not THAT bad. Like, it's okay to have 15-minute waits because that's not so long, even though if we put half an ounce of effort and budget toward it, those waits could be 5 minutes. That's the kind of trap that Cedar Fair and Disney parks don't fall into, and it's extremely frustrating that SF parks so frequently do.

• Like 1

The Lo Q employees make people wait at least 15 minutes before they allow you to grab a tube and wait in line on the stairs. Most water parks you just grab a tube at go up the stairs unless it is really really crowded.

That's NEVER happened to me. I always just walk up, grab a tube, and go up the stairs. I was just there about 2 weeks ago.

I was last there on the first Monday they were open everyday, and the Lo Q employees were making people wait to grab a tube. Most of the water slide towers only have single stairway so they have to keep the stair lines short for flash pass by holding up the stand by line on the ground. Only the first two slides I did at opening they didn't hold people up. That is how they operated every time I was there last year.

To the few points above, there's this weird mentality that not doing your best (or even close to it) is acceptable, as long as it's not THAT bad. Like, it's okay to have 15-minute waits because that's not so long, even though if we put half an ounce of effort and budget toward it, those waits could be 5 minutes. That's the kind of trap that Cedar Fair and Disney parks don't fall into, and it's extremely frustrating that SF parks so frequently do.

I think that all amusement parks/waterparks need to do whatever is possible to make the lines move fast. Also, HH should do away with Flash Pass for good. All it does is create a class distinction and even longer lines for guests who don't buy it, and it doesn't really speed up the lines for those who do. The fact that they continue to sell them shows that Flash Pass at Hurricane Harbor is nothing but a wallet cleaning device. It speeds up the rate at which your wallet is cleaned, but doesn't improve the Ride to Wait ratio or RW ratio which at HH is already tipped way more toward the W than to the R.

Well, i tried one of those G Adventure Facebook group's, and most of my "Veteran" friend's (and webmasters from the GA sites) from the Park were right. They are all are mostly idiot's that just take the Park WAY too serious. I'm going to make a "group" where there is a test to get in lol.

HA HA Must suck when you get people who actually know park rules and understand them, and then call you out for entering an area of the park that not opened to the public but yet the people on said page are idiots because we beleive in following the rules. While some member of that page post stupid thing, most obey the rules of the park. You just got upset when somebody called you out. Then again on here you post the same crazy crap that those "Idiots" post on that page haha.

RR

Just got an email from SFA and they added another show called "Block Party" which has drummers, dancers, stunt team etc...

Add that to Pirates vs. Cowboys, EFX 3.0 and Part Gras they already have... And those shows are for everyone and not just for small kids...

Maybe I should send Mr. Fitzgerald a link to SFA shows

^ Nothing like a stunt show, but "entertainers" would probably be a more appropriate word. (I'm assuming that SFA is also over-exaggerating their use of the term "Stunt team")

We have at least 1 employee who juggles while standing on a piece of wood on a cylinder, people who do kinetic stilt tricks, etc. We used to have a really good hoola-hoop performer, but I know one of our entertainers this year has been practicing that.

I think it's very unlikely, I can't remember the specific cases but I remember over the years hearing others trying to process or use an unprocessed pass as admission to a different Six Flags park that the pass was purchased from and the others not having success.

That's unfortunate. I understand Six Flags enforces this to prevent purchasing the least expensive pass for use at every park, but in this case that plan backfires on them. With that ^ in mind, those without processed passes in our family won't be visiting the park that day, and therefore not spending money, or (if we were planning to) not buying flash passes, etc.