VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I had a great night at Fright Fest.  It was humid but I got to do 5 mazes.  Wicked Woods had some of the old skull Mountain queue parts in it.  Overall it was a pretty good night.  :Skull:

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I just got an e-mail for bring a friend free October 30th or 31st. Nice to see the park having so many bring a friend free days.

They're a Monday and a Tuesday.  Great way to pick up some concession and merch money that wouldn't otherwise be in the gates. 

On 10/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, Yoshi said:

I just got an e-mail for bring a friend free October 30th or 31st. Nice to see the park having so many bring a friend free days.

Yoshi, did you buy your SP through a targeted email offer, or just through the normal Flash Sale offer? Haven't gotten this email, but I'm going to the park with a friend that night, so trying to figure out why....

Edited by pashacar

Thank you for that video - it was enlightening.  It's amazing how many full time workers the park employs year round.  I wonder how much the carpenters and mechanics get paid?  Do the inspectors on the rides get extra hazard pay for having to work at such heights and under those conditions?  I've never been a big fan of unions (that's a topic for another day), but in this case with safety (both patron and employee) being so important, I can see the value of union labor doing this work.  They have to get it right.

It looks like Bizarro and Runaway Mine Train still aren't done for the year yet with both listed as open with 5 minute waits right now. The cold combined with the wind appear to have caused for Nitro, El Toro, Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro not to open.

Today and Sat will be awful weather wise with this unusually early Arctic blast and record low temps. Looks like Nov will be below normal unlike the mild Oct we had. Normally we do not see lows in the 20s for another month. 

2 hours ago, cygnus12 said:

The wind chill on Kingda Ka in this weather would be something.

The lowest temperature I have ever ridden Kingda Ka in was opening weekend 2010. It was in the low 40s and even that was uncomfortable, especially in the front row. If I was ever at the park when it was colder than that and the coaster was running, I'd probably try it once just to see how cold it was.

49 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

I heard Toro closed early and it was running horribly in the morning.  I think it's time for it to rest for the rest of the season.

Maybe it will be ok Sunday since it's supposed to be warmer. Tomorrow looks like it will be similar to today though so maybe it won't run much tomorrow.

Today had to have been one of the most crowded days since HITP started (not just this year). I was planning on going today but wouldn't have been able to get there until later in the afternoon when I thought it would be crowded and was watching the wait times tonight. Justice League was showing 100 minutes earlier, Nitro and Superman around an hour and the Skyway 75 minutes.

I heard it was packed, didn’t know it was that packed.  I was thinking of heading over tomorrow to see the lights, the new show and ride a ride or two.  We’ll see how crowds work out though.