VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

1 hour ago, Lemur said:

I'm planning on upgrading my membership but I'm not getting hysterical over it.  I need to transfer my dining and all that crap, so maybe tomorrow if I have time to kill.

Yes, for those who currently have a membership, I see no reason why not to upgrade at this juncture, other than you will not be seeing the discount on the annual dining plan you otherwise would have. 

2 hours ago, rj1972 said:

Yes, for those who currently have a membership, I see no reason why not to upgrade at this juncture, other than you will not be seeing the discount on the annual dining plan you otherwise would have. 

I bought basic, so I'm going to see if they'll give me the discount on going premium.  If not, oh well, maybe next year.  I just can't get all worked up over this stuff.  

On 3/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, Lemur said:

I gotta say, the whole roll out of the memberships/conversion/upgrade has been so badly managed that I would actually embarrassed if I worked for them.  Clearly no one there is familiar with proper financial tech project management.

I totally agree. I sent them a message that pretty much said who thought it was a good idea to do a change pretty much right in the middle of the pass selling season. What's the big rush to see a large monthly cash flow that couldn't wait until September?

Along with some of these upgrades have bad news written all over them, more people bypassing ride lines, more people trying to get in the preferred lot and I'd really be surprised to see the old/new member entrance open every day.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:36 AM, Lemur said:

I'm planning on upgrading my membership but I'm not getting hysterical over it.  I need to transfer my dining and all that crap, so maybe tomorrow if I have time to kill.

I'm really curious how you make out. I have a Combo Gold membership and the season pass dining with it. I might up it to Diamond if it's going to be worth it.

13 hours ago, SAM527 said:

... more people bypassing ride lines...

As a season Flash Pass holder, this concerns me. I wish they simply would have charged a higher monthly price on the two diamond levels, and included a season Flash Pass Gold with Diamond, and Flash Pass Platinum with Diamond+.  We'll have to see how the lines are for 2018, but if the two Diamond levels impact the Flash Pass entrance, I may be done with Six Flags. I'll still keep my SIX stock; however. :) 

31 minutes ago, rj1972 said:

As a season Flash Pass holder, this concerns me. I wish they simply would have charged a higher monthly price on the two diamond levels, and included a season Flash Pass Gold with Diamond, and Flash Pass Platinum with Diamond+.  We'll have to see how the lines are for 2018, but if the two Diamond levels impact the Flash Pass entrance, I may be done with Six Flags. I'll still keep my SIX stock; however. :) 

I'm purely prognosticating at this point, but I don't see this making a huge impact on the Flash Pass lines.  I simply don't think the interest in those levels is that high and I also don't think a limited number of people with one or two, spread out over the park, is going to make an appreciable difference on an average operating day.  I do think it'll make one during Fright Fest or any other peak day though.

I agree with that, the only rides I see it being a problem at on most days would be  those that are accessed through the exit like Runaway Mine Train and I don't think someone with 1 or 2 line skips a visit is going to use it on a ride line that.

2 hours ago, Lemur said:

I'm purely prognosticating at this point, but I don't see this making a huge impact on the Flash Pass lines.  I simply don't think the interest in those levels is that high and I also don't think a limited number of people with one or two, spread out over the park, is going to make an appreciable difference on an average operating day.  I do think it'll make one during Fright Fest or any other peak day though.

I hope you are correct. To jump from a Gold+ membership to Diamond is only about $40 more (when also factoring in the dining plan), but people don't seem to have a problem waiting in line for 90 minutes to ride Nitro instead of simply purchasing a Flash Pass.

Edited by rj1972

1 hour ago, Yoshi said:

I agree with that, the only rides I see it being a problem at on most days would be  those that are accessed through the exit like Runaway Mine Train and I don't think someone with 1 or 2 line skips a visit is going to use it on a ride line that.

That is a valid point. They will likely hold on to their "skips" for something other than the Sky Screamer, and they may hold on to them for the evening, which is usually when I leave.

41 minutes ago, rj1972 said:

I hope you are correct. To jump from a Gold+ membership to Diamond is only about $40 more (when also factoring in the dining plan), but people don't seem to have a problem waiting in line for 90 minutes to ride Nitro instead of simply purchasing a Flash Pass.

Actually, the jump is only $20 from Gold Plus + Premium Dining ($193) to Diamond + Deluxe Dining ($213)!

Updated chart including Premium Dining for Gold Plus memberships. (Gold Plus is the only level that has Premium Dining as an option since Gold Plus is the only membership level that does not come with a drink bottle and premium dining does. That's the only difference. So it makes absolutely no sense that Gold Plus + Premium ($193) costs MORE than Platinum + Deluxe ($187) when the latter has more benefits and bigger discounts.)

Gkt1iEg.jpg

That sucks, especially as Sunday is forecasted to be 10 degrees warmer. 24th is only going to be 45, 25th is supposec to be 55, but they will probably downgrade it. 

Edited by The Master

Overall, opening weekend forecast does not look great. There may even be leftover snow from the possible midweek nor easter depending how it tracks. The snow from two weeks ago is still lingering because of the low temps and refreezing every night. Many of the forecasters are predicting another below normal spring for the northeast sector of the US. 

They downgraded next weekend, Sat is supposed to be only 44 and rainy, Sun dry but just 43. Weather wise, it is probably too early for the park to open as our weather usually does not even start to turn nicer until mid April  in a good year. 

Edited by The Master

If they bother to open. Now they are forecasting snow showers both weekend days. With Yoshi pointing out that the park has already cut hours back to 6 on both days is not a good sign. Shame they were not open this weekend as it was the first decent one in a while with near normal temps, may be the last for a while too. 

The Tuesday storm is not supposed to be bad but a second storm is going to form Wed into Thurs and they don't know how bad that will be yet. 

They must have just changed Saturday's hours in the last day or so. It was still showing an 8 pm closing last time I checked. At this point I'm probably going to skip opening weekend. I most likely can't get there until around 2 and would have been ok with 6 hours in the park but it's not worth the drive for only 4 hours.

I have been to opening weekend every year since 2009 and I can't remember any closings at 6 before. Usually the only 6 pm closings are weekdays in May and it used to be some days weekdays in early June as well.

28 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

They must have just changed Saturday's hours in the last day or so. It was still showing an 8 pm closing last time I checked. At this point I'm probably going to skip opening weekend. I most likely can't get there until around 2 and would have been ok with 6 hours in the park but it's not worth the drive for only 4 hours.

I'm pretty sure I checked this morning and it had still said 8pm for Saturday then. It's definitely not looking good for next weekend when they started reducing hours more than a week in advance. It's only the right thing to do for the employees that have to work and gives them the chance to go home a bit earlier than they would have with an 8pm closing. If it opens at all.

Now they are saying 3 to 5 inches of snow on Tues and another 1 to 3 on Wed. Not looking good. If that much falls it won't melt in time for thecweekend. I just hope next month is better as March has been a major disappointment. As of now they are not forecasting a spring warmup for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by The Master