VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

2 hours ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

So this may not be a popular thought but something I have REALLY missed this year is the Houdini ride. I usually get on it a few times every season and there's something about that ride that I enjoy. The pre-show, not so much- that needs a little bit of an update haha...

but I DO miss The Dark Knight's pre-show... "corrupt, corrupt, corrupt"

I missed riding Houdini too, especially in cool weather. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

According to the schedule, they will be open on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

Christmas eve makes more sense. Hershey also looks to be open on Thanksgiving too though

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4408589-six-flags-entertainment-corporations-six-ceo-michael-spanos-on-q4-2020-results-earnings-call

Michael Spanos

Third, the pandemic encouraged us to think creatively about how to maximize use of our parks. Both the creative solutions we found and the underlying dynamism of our team, will continue to drive growth well past COVID. Our drive-through Safari operators are separately gated attraction through the Thanksgiving weekend. Demand was so high that we will operate the drive-through Safari again starting in March 2021, creating the longest season in the animal park's history.

In the fourth quarter, we also offered drive-through or walk-through holiday experiences, without rides at four of our theme parks, giving our guests the opportunity to celebrate the season of lights, beloved characters and festivities. These events proved so popular that we extended them into January. Going forward, we expect to continue many of these events which will allow us to extend our operating season and give guests even more reasons to visit our parks throughout the year. So while the environment remains fluid, we are encouraged by recent trends and are optimistic about both the short and long-term prospects of our business.

Does anyone know what land was sold?

Sandeep Reddy

Our fourth quarter cash flow benefited by $8 million from the sale of some excess land in New Jersey, which was not in our prior estimates. Without the land sale, our net cash outflow was $21 million per month, an improvement from our prior estimates of $25 million to $30 million.

Edited by Medusa42