VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: July 31st, 2020 - All THREE parks!

29yrswithaGApass

Three different gates on GA's property has always represented a real opportunity for this property to move toward a destination complex rather than simply the regional complex that it continues to be.  Had it not been for the virus, I don't think you could have seriously conquered all three parks in just a day.  The drive through Safari, I think, has been a saving grace for this particular property.  I have always loved the contrast of Giraffes walking between the vehicles.  From the pictures, it also seems that the Safari has managed to grow back a lot of the green stuff (grass) that had been depleted over the years.  From what I can see, the Safari is looking great and still appears to be able to draw guests on its own, separate from those wanting to attend the other two parks.

Although I've yet to visit Hurricane Harbor, I'll be in NJ starting Tuesday and have not booked a return flight to California at this point. So hopefully I'll be able to make some time to get there during my visit.  Like the Safari, I think it's looking good as well.

Again, based solely on these pictures, overall the theme park seems to be coming together, and I think this season represents a great opportunity to get things spruced up a bit.  The rear side of the Fort, though, is a bit of an eyesore and I think the vines growing on its sides are likely to cause real issues down the road.  At this point, I think they're masking some other issues as well.  The huge opening where a cannon should be really deserves some attention.  With part of its trow missing, is it safe to say that the Log Flume will not be opening this season?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 11:26 PM, jollyroger said:

I am all for renovating stuff, but the Six Flags shop looks so plain compared to the Looney Tunes shop.

Strongly agree. It was fun and distinctive, and now it's neither. So too Hurricane Harbor's themed environment -- what an eyesore all of the cheap, screenprinted signs are.