VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Knoebels, 8/11/20

Yoshi

I wasn't too far from Knoebels yesterday and decided to go to the park for a short visit.

There are no temperature checks and there is a security guard at the main entrance checking to see if everyone is wearing a mask but once inside the park, no one was enforcing it. There were many people walking around or sitting at a bench (not eating or drinking) with the mask only covering their mouth or no mask at all. On the coasters, the trains wouldn't be dispatched until everyone had a mask on but as soon as the train left the station, some people lowered or removed them. There were a lot of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the park but most were empty. I tried to use 6 or 7 of them and only 1 actually had sanitizer in it.

Twister was first. Like last year, the coaster was mostly smooth with no jackhammering in the double helix compared to a few years ago. I really like the layout for Twister with the lift hill section broken up into 2 parts and a good first drop.

The Flyers had a great ride cycle,  probably 3 - 4 times what Cedar Creek Flyer's ride time is. These are the best flying scooters I have tried and so easy to snap, even if you aren't trying to snap it still happens.

Phoenix got a new queue with some switchbacks to the line doesn't go past the entrance except on crowded days. Unlike Twister, there was no distancing in this line. I tried to avoid others as much as I could and thankfully it was only a 3 train wait. On both coasters, a row was kept empty between groups. I got row 10 and 1 row in front of me was empty and the 2 last rows were also empty. The air time is amazing on this coaster, I was getting lifted out of the seat on practically every hill with no seatbelt and just buzz bars.

The last ride I went to was The Whip, this is another ride that has a better ride cycle than the similar version at Dorney.

Impulse was closed with work being done on the lift hill and trains. Hopefully it opens soon. Flying Turns was closed and I think is closed for the season. Some other flat rides were closed as well. The Crystal Pool was where most of the crowds were with temperatures around 95 degrees.

It felt great to be back at park again and able to ride coasters again but am unsure if I am going to visit Knoebels again this year.

IMG_5989Edit.thumb.jpg.d83cefdf5527b57f25084ebbe2f6b2f6.jpg

IMG_5990Edit.thumb.jpg.21187e65ae19daf103c29d4cb0e69f04.jpg

• Like 2

It’s nice to hear that you got back to a park this season. It’s too bad that more people aren’t following the rules as I’m sure that would’ve made your visit more enjoyable.  I’m surprised to hear that they weren’t requiring temperature checks. I thought that was part of the basic guidelines for reopening at most parks.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It’s nice to hear that you got back to a park this season. It’s too bad that more people aren’t following the rules as I’m sure that would’ve made your visit more enjoyable.  I’m surprised to hear that they weren’t requiring temperature checks. I thought that was part of the basic guidelines for reopening at most parks.  

Most parks do have temperature checks, but Knoebel's has no entrance, from the main parking you kinda just wander in wherever past some picnic pavilions, and there are ways to get in from the Campground too.

I was at the park twice this year, they remind you to where masks often (especially at Phoenix) and I think I had one maybe two sanitizers not working, and I use that stuff as I exit or enter each ride.

• Like 1

Hopefully the amount sanitizers being empty or not working when I was there was just an off day and it normally isn't like that.

14 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Thank you. I agree, it would have been more enjoyable if people were following the rules. I expected some people to not distance or wear the masks right but it was more people than I would have thought not following the policies.