VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2020 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 18- Refurbish Congo Rapids

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Coaster Justin said:

Am I a jerk that they should add DC Comics and Penguin theming and rename it "Penguins Blizzard River" and connect it to Movietown?

That still leaves what to do with Nitro. Do we retheme it to DC (I had Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Batgirl ideas for possible themes...okay maybe Riddler for a fourth) or what? Even though some people might wonder about Nitro in my full Pine Barren idea. If Nitro had any theming whatsoever, my brain says "warehouse, manufacturing" so maybe a hideout of people who want to capture the Jersey Devil? Weird and deep, but it would make sense to keep Nitro with fewer changes.

19 hours ago, Pineracer said:

That still leaves what to do with Nitro. Do we retheme it to DC (I had Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Batgirl ideas for possible themes...okay maybe Riddler for a fourth) or what? Even though some people might wonder about Nitro in my full Pine Barren idea. If Nitro had any theming whatsoever, my brain says "warehouse, manufacturing" so maybe a hideout of people who want to capture the Jersey Devil? Weird and deep, but it would make sense to keep Nitro with fewer changes.

They could add a Lex Luther Statue and maybe have it imply that Nitro is his new Weapon

Edited by Coaster Justin

I think there is more then enough DC theming in the park. Besides repairing the water features, the landscaping for Congo Rivers could stand some updating. For example there are several cold hardy sub tropical plants that could be planted around the ride to improve its theme such as Musa Basjoo Bananas. They are cheap, tough, and easy to grow even up here. Also the GADV needs to do a better job controlling Poison Ivy around Congo Rapids and other areas of the park. 

• Like 1