VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Major Attraction Coming To The Magic Kingdom?

GAcoaster

With the competition heating up between the Orlando are parks after Universal scored rights to Harry Potter, rumors have begun circulating that the Magic Kingdom will FINALLY be getting a new attraction after a drought of several years now.

As to what the attraction will be, know one seems to know for sure, but most rumors point to a Little mermaid themed dark ride taking over the former 20,000 Leagues site.

A Little Mermaid ride would make a lot of sense, especially since they just announced an omnimover version to replace the Golden Dreams attraction at Disney's California Adventure. While LM would probably be a D-ticket ride, it's hard to believe that the Magic Kingdom still hasn't built a new E-ticket ride since Splash Mountain in 1992.

• 9 months later...
Guest warnerleroy

Although I reported this in another topic too, it's been rumored a secret decision has been made to clode Carousel of Progress bu\y the end of the year, :(:(:(:( . Years ago, I remeber Imagineers released a model of Magic Kingdom developements, and it stated that Imadagineering had plans to turn carousel of progress into some bumper cars ride. Carousel is outdated, but it was Walt's favorite ride and he requested it never be removed. WDW's problem is the attraction has a maximumof like 3 people on at a time, but it tun continuosly all day. It should be converted into a seasonal attraction opened only when the park is back-to-back crowded. It can increase the traffice by Space Mountain(figure, get a fast pass for Space Mountain to return in an hour, Carousel will use up atleast 30 minutes with the show and waiting for the next theater) It's definetely very underated, but it's still a great ride :) .

Although I reported this in another topic too, it's been rumored a secret decision has been made to clode Carousel of Progress bu\y the end of the year, :(:(:(:( . Years ago, I remeber Imagineers released a model of Magic Kingdom developements, and it stated that Imadagineering had plans to turn carousel of progress into some bumper cars ride. Carousel is outdated, but it was Walt's favorite ride and he requested it never be removed. WDW's problem is the attraction has a maximumof like 3 people on at a time, but it tun continuosly all day. It should be converted into a seasonal attraction opened only when the park is back-to-back crowded. It can increase the traffice by Space Mountain(figure, get a fast pass for Space Mountain to return in an hour, Carousel will use up atleast 30 minutes with the show and waiting for the next theater) It's definetely very underated, but it's still a great ride :) .

Here is a really good example of why we should all be spell-checking our posts...

a maximumof like 3 people on at a time

My friend is a supervisor for attractions at the Magic Kingdom. There is no plan to take out the Carosel of Progress. About every 6 months or so, someone else pops up with the same rumors. The ride is operated during busy season, and it does take away the overflow from other Tomorrowland Attractions. It still gets a good crowd during the busy parts of the day. And like previously mentioned, they have to honor Walt's request. The attraction is not going anywhere.

3 people on at a time? If someone were to be reading your post who didn't know any better, they would have taken you seriously. The theater rotates every 4 minutes and each theater takes in about 100 people. (maybe 120) That would be about 1500 people an hour.

Guest warnerleroy
My friend is a supervisor for attractions at the Magic Kingdom. There is no plan to take out the Carosel of Progress. About every 6 months or so, someone else pops up with the same rumors. The ride is operated during busy season, and it does take away the overflow from other Tomorrowland Attractions. It still gets a good crowd during the busy parts of the day. And like previously mentioned, they have to honor Walt's request. The attraction is not going anywhere.

3 people on at a time? If someone were to be reading your post who didn't know any better, they would have taken you seriously. The theater rotates every 4 minutes and each theater takes in about 100 people. (maybe 120) That would be about 1500 people an hour.

Good, I love the ride, and even more that Walt's request is being carried out, but seriously, there were only 3 people in the theater when I last rode it. Bu then again, it was not during a peak park of the day(it was right before closing as a matter of fact)

Edited by warnerleroy

I personally love the Carousel of Prgress and would be terribly sad to see it go if it ever does for a reason other than complete mechanical failure. While it seems outdated today, its still amazing to me to think back to my first visit with the ride and realize that some of the things that were in the future setting on that ride were still not a reality when I originally saw it but upon my last visit I realized just how far things had come in even that short amount of time. I think the ride is just a nice reminder of the early days of those type of animatronics and the genius that Walt Disney really was when it came to stuff like that. Besides losing the Carousel for Disney would be like us losing our Skyride considering both of them were designed and have survivied since the 1964 World's Fair :)

Guest warnerleroy

Forgetn the little mermaid, I heard Disney had plans to make a Beauty and the Beast dark ride using the same trackless technology as in Pooh's Honey Hunt(Winnie the pooh attraction at Tokyo Disney). Now that would be cool!!!!! Just image the Be Our Guest scene!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: