VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Early Previews Of 2009 Coasters

GAcoaster

So, here we are just at the end of the 2007 season, and most parks are just making their 2008 announcements, but Cedar Fair has already revealed their plans to add coasters to two parks for 2009:

--New GCI woodie for California's Great America

--Relocated Boomerang (from Geauga Lake) coming to Carrowinds

It will be interesting to see if Cedar Fair continues to keep announcing plans so early like this. I have a feeling this may be a way to try and reassure their stockholder that they have a plan in place to increase attendance and revenue in the former Paramount Parks and help reduce debts with small capital expenditures.

It's also interesting to note that the parks that have these plans in place are the two parks with the stiffest competition. California's Great America has been neglected for a long time, while Six Flags continues to keep investing in Marine World.

• 8 months later...

Wow, it looks like Great America (California) has lost their new woodie...

Click for the article!

Rumor has it that World's of Fun is getting a GCI woodie now. I wonder if this was just a change of plans since the whole CGA property is kind of up in the air right now because of the stadium.

On top of that, it looks like Kings Dominion is planning on 3 new flat rides next season (well, newly relocated from Geauga Lake) to take the place of Hypersonic XLC.

It seems to be looking like some sort of "snake" theme for the Kings Island B&M. With the prase "the park strikes back" on some of the signs, and the eye in the box on the official site. We'll have to see what happens in early Aug. for the official announcement..

King's Island will announce the new coaster in about 1hr. (3 p.m. est) The countdown clock on the official site is almost up. I want to be on the site when the clock stop's to see what happens.

Railer- do you have a link to that site? You got me curious now....