VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 9/8/21

Yoshi

I went to Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday for a short visit since I was only 15 minutes away from the park. It was almost 100 degrees out and I decided to stick with the less intense rides.

Cheetah Hunt was a walk on. I sometimes forget how close the first and second launches are to each other. I hope the area where the water is supposed to be gets filled in.

After Cobra's Curse, I went to Sand Serpent. There are no brakes during the hairpin turns part of the ride and the next car isn't dispatched until the car gets to the drops. With only 4 cars running, this could be a slow moving line on a crowded day.

The log flume gets you soaked in the front (single riders have to sit in the front section). The last ride of the day was Sheikra. It is a lot of fun to sit in the front row and stops over the vertical drop.

On the way out I went to the main store to get a shirt because passholders got $10 in Busch Bucks and combined with my 50% Platinum Pass discount, I got a $27 shirt for $4.50 with tax (I'm still not used to almost everything except most food and some health items having sales tax here). The perks with the annual passes have been really great so far. Besides the 6 bring a friend free tickets that are included with the Platinum Pass, there was an additional bring a friend free at the end of last month, bring a friend free to Sea World and another for Adventure Island this month and another $10 in Busch Bucks in July. There have also been some smaller free items to like a cup at Sea World and a free food item at Bier Fest at Busch Gardens.

It's fun having a park so close that I can just stop in for 2 hours or less although once it gets cooler out, I want to go for a longer visit.

IMG_8464.thumb.jpg.786f283a3a63f95de1d279662f95fcd8.jpg

The signs have been updated to have the 2022 opening date.

I just saw the announcement that Adventure Island is officially going to year round operations now with heated water for the colder months!

https://attractionsmagazine.com/adventure-island-water-park-now-operating-year-round-new-hang-ten-tiki-bar-now-open/

Those $10 certificates are awesome, especially when combined with the 50% Platinum Pass discount. I got a bunch of the BGT Railway 50th shirts for a really great price between the discount and the certificate last month. 

My favorite thing with the Florida SeaWorld parks is the festivals-- the lanyards get yo a lot of food and drinks for really great prices (around $4 @ with the passholder discount). The Beer Fest, Food & Wine Fest, etc. are always filled with great food (better than EPCOT and larger portions). 

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to going to Adventure Island in the winter. I hope it is successful for them.

I agree about the prices and portion sizes for the festivals. The nachos I had a few weeks ago were enough for a meal. I have been to the Flower and Garden festival at EPCOT twice in the last 5 years and last time didn’t get anything because of how overpriced it was for the portion.