VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Universal replacing Shrek with Minions.

The Master

Screamscape reports that Shrek 4D is being replaced with an Minion attraction. Personally I am disappointed by the news as I am not a huge fan of Despicable Me and now there will be a pair of attractions based on that IP. 

The rumor is the new Minions attraction will be based on the new movie and feature "Villain Con" (which in the movie was set in Orlando). The current rumor is it will be an interactive (possibly shooter type) attraction featuring moving sidewalks taking you through the show floor of Villain Con. It actually sounds like it could be fun, and since Universal owns the Minions concept and it sells tons of merchandise, it's a good fit. 

• 1 year later...

I'm hearing many promising things about the new attraction. The moving sidewalk concept with "shooter" game aspect is unique.

By the way, for anyone who is interesting in following all the construction and rumors about Universal Orlando, Orlando Park Stop is a great resource. Alicia has her ear to the ground and is always on top of permits issued for just about everything in the Orlando theme park market before everyone else. 

• 3 months later...

the minions ride has their soft openings and apparently, people has their mixed reactions, they thought the ride was meh due to the use of screens to the moving sidewalk technique while other love it due to its concept and the aforementioned mention moving sidewalk, but this is in a soft opening phrase so we don't know the reviews until this attraction officially opens

Edited by harry2004