VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Shooting Galleries at GA

I would like to see a spotlight of the old Western Shooting Gallery, I spent alot of time there and I was a crack shot. In fact one year one of the guns gave free shots all summer, that was the good gun LOL. Now that I think of it there was also a gangster style shooting gallery by the Big Wheel that was removed years before the western gallery was.

We only have a handful of photos of the Western Shoout Out so it would be a small Spotlight. With the targets being light-activated, taking photos of the shooting gallery (with a flash) use to make them all go off at the same time. What noise!

gallery_2_4_145025.jpg

The shooting gallery by the Big Wheel was the Chicago Shootout!

gallery_2_4_269943.jpg

I'm going off topic here, but does anyone remember the Paratrooper Shooting Gallery that was located by the Dream Street Tents in the late 70s/early 80s? Hitting the target would launch a parachute about 30 feet into the sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I remember every so often someone would take a flash picture and set off all the targets LOL. It is a shame the western shootout is gone since it was a nice shooting gallery.

You know thinking about it, I really love any of these type of attractions. There is no real skill involved, you can take your time and use your shots at your leisure, and there is enough to do that you aren't going to see every single action or animatronic with one round of playing. There is always soemthing different to do, and even with multiple ones in the park, if the themes are different it is still a new experience. The one thing I kind of wish the park had in terms of games is the shooter where you need to try to get ride of the star on a card with your rounds of bbs to win a prize. I just feel like the sound of people playing is one of the things that makes places like the WW boardwalk complete while going through, and it's always fun to think I'm gonna do it this time :)

• 2 years later...

went to Keansburg with my son tonight and i could swear that the shootout gallery there is the one from the western shoot out, i rember the western shoot out pretty good as i always had to play it when we were on that side of the park, and im think its very possible that this is it, it has the wood ounter tops and the exact same type guns let me know what you guys think heres a pic of my blackberry its little small but you can see most of the gallery< behind the GAH logo is the piano player hunched over till you shoot hi, on the far right is the rocks with the 3 skuls and the small animals in the fron of the rocks

gallery_154_506_5098.jpg

Edited by gafreak

I've seen that but I'm not sure if it is the one from GA or just one from the same manufacturer. As far as I know they moved the stuff from the Western Shootout to the shooting gallery that was over where El Toro's turnaround is now. I think after that they moved some of the pieces over to the Chicago Shootout and some back into the old Western Shootout building (if you ever see the door open there are still parts in there).

went to Keansburg with my son tonight and i could swear that the shootout gallery there is the one from the western shoot out, i rember the western shoot out pretty good as i always had to play it when we were on that side of the park, and im think its very possible that this is it, it has the wood ounter tops and the exact same type guns let me know what you guys think heres a pic of my blackberry its little small but you can see most of the gallery< behind the GAH logo is the piano player hunched over till you shoot hi, on the far right is the rocks with the 3 skuls and the small animals in the fron of the rocks

gallery_154_506_5098.jpg

I've been going to Kenasburg for YEARS and that shooting gallery has been there before GADV closed theres! It is very possible there just the same design of shootign gallery however.

I was doing some shootin' when I was there last week! Warner is right, Keansbug's shooting gallery has been there for years, even prior to the closure of Great Adventure's Western Shoot Out.

Here is a picture I took (with the flash... what action)! ;)

gallery_2_43_8497.jpg

It does have many of the same features as Great Adventure.

gallery_2_4_277444.jpg