VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: April 2nd, 2022 - Season #49 Opener

29yrswithaGApass

Amazing photos, as always.

The fresh paint on Batman and Medusa looks AMAZING! I just wonder what they'll do for the new Medusa entrance sign, though. Looks like they kept the foundation of the Bizarro sign & painted over it for now, but I'm not sure if they're going to keep it & slap a new design on it or just scrap it altogether, since it has such an oddly-shaped silhouette.

Also, if you were able to ride on El Toro, did you notice if it was running any smoother since the re-inspection? The last time I rode it (in late 2020), it felt much rougher than it ever had before; in fact, I wasn't even too surprised when the de-railing actually happened last year. 

17 hours ago, nbadude44 said:

The fresh paint on Batman and Medusa looks AMAZING! I just wonder what they'll do for the new Medusa entrance sign, though. Looks like they kept the foundation of the Bizarro sign & painted over it for now, but I'm not sure if they're going to keep it & slap a new design on it or just scrap it altogether, since it has such an oddly-shaped silhouette.

Also, if you were able to ride on El Toro, did you notice if it was running any smoother since the re-inspection? The last time I rode it (in late 2020), it felt much rougher than it ever had before; in fact, I wasn't even too surprised when the de-railing actually happened last year. 

Thanks!   I didn’t ride El Toro but I overheard many say it was running great.  

The Bizarro sign is uniquely shaped.  I guess it could make a nice portal to the ride especially if the jagged shape was redone as an entrance to a mine.  

On 4/3/2022 at 1:58 AM, nbadude44 said:

While it was running a bit slower as it was cold and only the second day of the season, it definitely felt a ton smoother in the turnaround and the twister sections, like significantly 

An interesting observation - all of the Holiday in the Park lights including the strings of lights on the buildings as well as all the wrapped tree lights have been removed.  For the first several seasons the strings of empty sockets remained year round and just the bulbs were removed.  However, last year and this year all traces of lights were removed.  Maybe they discovered it was quicker to take them all down and put them all back up rather than unscrew the lightbulbs.  

On 4/4/2022 at 11:51 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

An interesting observation - all of the Holiday in the Park lights including the strings of lights on the buildings as well as all the wrapped tree lights have been removed.  For the first several seasons the strings of empty sockets remained year round and just the bulbs were removed.  However, last year and this year all traces of lights were removed.  Maybe they discovered it was quicker to take them all down and put them all back up rather than unscrew the lightbulbs.  

Perhaps its to extend the life of the strings? The contacts in the exposed sockets would corrde if left outside. UV rays would also degrade the wire insulation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great report as always. I'm missing the park but at least I will be able to live through you guys until I find a way to get a pass again lol. After a discussion with the wife, we didn't get passes this year. I will be appreciating your reports and reports form everyone just a little bit more now.