VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

July 12, 2008 Aerial Photos...

Flyin Phil

Hi Everyone,

This past Saturday, July 12, 2008, was spent flying with my Dad and my wife to Fishers Island, NY (just north of Montauk Point and south of Groton, CT). Enroute over Long Island, I spotted a park I had not seen before, and later identified it as Splish Splash Water Park, which looked impressive from the air.

On the return flight, Rye Playland Park was in front so I flew a few circles around to capture a nice array of views. I was also finally able to shoot a couple pics of the new Super Flight coaster, along with the Dragon wooden coaster, which I placed on my Roller-Coasters web page.

See the Galleries Below:

Rye Playland Park & Splish Splash Water Park

Enjoy ;)

Great pictures Phil, and your timing is also really good! I saw a commercial for Playland Park on tv on Friday and was wondering if it was worth visiting. I planned on checking your site to see how big the park was and you just made that really easy!

As usual, thanks for the aerial perspectives! :)

Rye Playland has the best whip and the best dark ride collection outside of Disney. The bumpers cars are pretty good and it's one of the best flat ride collections in the country, IMHO. It's a nice looking little park. It is not a coaster park, but the wild mouse is one of the best of its kind.

It's so easy to get to. Drive North on I-95 and take exit 19 straight into the park.

EDIT: Harry, as a plus to you, I see that they have replaced the Powersurge with a Music Express.

They have also replaced their Waveswinger with a YO-YO Swing.

Edited by darkridedan