VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Flying Wave

They should replace all the mechanical parts, maybe even get a new swing ride, but restore the original artwork that was on the classic Flying Wave.

The artwork was half the ride's charm. I've seen some newer swing rides in my travels, they are rather boring looking compared to the Flying Wave.

• 2 weeks later...

Moreys has a nice custom painted swing ride with Wildwood scenes. It would be nice if SF could get a custom swing ride to replace the old one.

Edited by The Master

• 1 year later...

I enjoy the Yo Yo's but don't care for them at parks. feel they look like they fit in better in a carnival.

They would need to weigh the price of rehab over buying new. Depending on the amount of work a new ride would be the best move.

If they were to buy new they should look to Wood Designs. They have only built a few Swings but have the best movement I have found on any swing ride.

here are a few images form Canobie Lake Park's Davinci's Dream.

cimg2335xw6.jpg

The ride at night:

2919871730_2541e3cacc_b.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They should replace all the mechanical parts, maybe even get a new swing ride, but restore the original artwork that was on the classic Flying Wave.

The artwork was half the ride's charm. I've seen some newer swing rides in my travels, they are rather boring looking compared to the Flying Wave.

Wasn't that the original idea back in 05/06 when they took it apart and did the whole rehab?

CoasterFusion's semi-confirmed rumor says that we might be getting a new swing ride.

I think it would be cool to turn the west side of Fantasy Forest into a Great Adventure Legacy sort of area, with old signage and such, and the Flying Wave could have paintings of the old roller coasters on it, like Lightnin' Loops and Viper, and of course Warner LeRoy

• 5 weeks later...