VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

7/27 Trip Report

JetsDevs4Lyf

Ok so before I begin here I must admit, I feel I may be cursed. We have made 7 visits so far this season, to the park, and four of the last five have had some sort of storm blow through. I have been there the second day of TDK running in the rain (which I planned anyway), Coaster Celebration with storms, a trip with some of our firneds in which a huge storm hit and closed the parade, and now yesterday. Perhaps I should begin posting my planned trips so that everyone can avoid the biggest and baddest storms that come through :)!

With that in mind here is how our short trip though the Safari faired :) We arrived at the park around 1:15 to take a quick ride through the safari and then possibly a bit in the park before the rains arrived. The animals are all looking great right now (I wish I had my camera so you guys could see them). The babies are out in force, and almost every species seems to have some little ones rtunning around now. The Buffalo were all hanging out in one of the sand pits, with the youngins wandering around exploring the grass and looking for some affection from mom. As our trip continued the we noticed the Giraffes were out in force, but unlike our usual encounters they weren't all hanging around in the entranceway. This time they were scattered amongst their entire gated area. The little one seemed to be a bit discouraged as it was trying to get to a tree that was in the midst of a fenced off area. It was pretty funny and the little Zebras were checking out the giraffes and just wandering. While we were driving though, we began to hear some serious cracking thunder, and I have to say if you have never been in the Safari while a storm is approaching, it is awe inspiring. The animals all react and entire heards just take off in an instant when a large crack happens. The small ones are especially frightened, and it's just amazing to watch such a large group react in synch with each other like that. The best part of the whole trip were the monkeys, who had a bunch of little ones prancing about, stalking the fences, and just playing with each other. One pari seemed to have a really young one, whos hair had not all come in yet. He looked like a little black and pink furball walking around, with I would presume mom and dad following close behind. Overall it was a really great experience, with too many animals to really talk about each without going into another of my famous mile long TR's. We checked out the Exploration Station after, and as soon as we had finished up, the skies opened up and we had a nice time sitting in the pizza place down the road waiting for the worst of it to pass. I hope you all have a chance to take in the Safari this season, and if you are in there as a storm approaches your are in for a treat :)

Great Safari report! I have to stop back there next time I go to GA. I think the Safari is the best in the rain (although it does screw up taking pictures when the car windows are wet).

It was raining lightly when we did the VIP Tour last fall and I think it made the experience all the more enjoyable. It was such a unique experience being up close to the animals but the dark skies and light winds of a rainy fall morning added to the excitement especially when you are out of the Land Rover walking around amongst some the animals.

I haven't been through the Safari in 15 years. My friend did go in though, and he told me the monkeys are fenced in now, eliminating their ability to ride on your car and freak you out through the windshield.. Why would they do that??

When was this done?

My favorite GA monkey experience, one time I was the only car in the monkey section, and about 20 of them came running up the road straight at my car. They all ran over my hood, and roof, and down the trunk and kept running down the road. I looked in my mirror and saw them disappearing in the distance. Trippy.