VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Keieran Burke is back in control of a park,I feel bad for that park with all the debt it will get in the end...

I feel worse for the investors who believed in Mark Shapiro. He cost them everything.

Burke turned a single park company (Frontier City in 1990), into the world's fourth largest theme park operator in six years. That's 2 years BEFORE acquiring Six Flags! Time Warner did such a poor job running Six Flags Over Georgia and Texas, that the former sued and WON at every level $400M. The Six Flags Over Texas Limited Partnership was ready to dump TWX for PKS in 1997.

What companies has Mark Shapiro grew? What troubled assets has he turned around? When SIX emerges from bankruptcy and if they still falter; will you still blame Burke?

Great Adventure wouldn't be on the map without the PKS additions.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Then you would be a fool. At 5 years, Shapiro has run SIX almost as long as PKS (~7 years). Mark did nothing.

Mark Shapiro is like Michael Spindler.

Maybe he ran the company better and made money for alittle,but he ran the parks like complete ass.(Burke I'm talking about)

Edited by Mike13