VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

isnt SFKK where the superman tower cable failed and severed the girls foot? i wonder if that incident was a contrubiting factor?

Yup,and I wouldn't think it would have any factor in the park closing.It's just Six Flags not being able to get the right price for a lease agreement.

Called the park today and the hiring fair is now pending due to weather, they said to call mid afternoon friday to find out if there going to do it still, i really hope they do, its hard for me to get out there durring the week, and i want to make sure all the good positions arent filled by the time i go. looks like a early day off from work might be instore for me!

We decided to stay over for East Coaster...we're heading up this afternoon for the Dorney tour and staying the night so we can get there tomorrow morning. It's not supposed to be nearly as much snow there, or even here, but it's worth it to not have to drive up tomorrow morning.

PA, NJ, and DE are going to get socked by yet another damn nor' easter. Most of the area is under a winter storm warning, I am really sick of winter.

Edited by The Master

i say lets get all this snow now so hopefully we have an extra nice spring and a super hot summer.....LET IT SNOW!

also been thinking about getting a coaster tattoed on me, im leaning towards kingda ka, because i love that coaster, but havent come across a pic that would look good as a tat. so if anyone has a good pic that could look good drawn please post it.

Edited by gafreak

They are now saying that this will be a record snow storm for Feb for the mid-atlantic, so this is two record snow storms in one winter. <_< I hope we don't get a record snow storm in March or April the way this winter is going ! :(

Edited by The Master

So far Philadelphia has gotten 18 in of snow, Baltimore 24 in, Washington DC 30 in, and NYC only a trace. It is the only time in recorded history that Philly has had so much snow while up in NYC got almost nothing, so you New Yorkers were real lucky this time.

^ With all the record snowfalls and cold temps we have been getting this year I won't be surprised. I just hope there won't be a late snowstorm in March that delays GAdv's opening since really bad winters like this one usually end late in the year.

There won't be snow on the ground for opening day. It may snow one day during those first tow weeks of operation (it often does) but the snow usually melts away later in the day. The only way there would still be snow in the park is it it all got plowed into big piles, but they plow a minimum in the park/parking lot.

After this snowstorm, this winter will be the snowiest on record and there is another storm for Monday. Ever since the Fall we have been getting pounded by nor'easters with no end to this pattern in sight.