VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

If I lived that close to a park, especially one with 2 B&M coasters, I'd probably be there almost every day even stopping in for an hour just to get some coaster rides in. And no offseason has to be nice.

So you say innocent.gif

Dorney usually runs at least two trains on their coasters most of the time and they are pretty fast at dispatching. The lines for the roller coasters aren't bad on Sundays, don't know about Saturdays or Friday nights. This year Dorney has cut their Haunt back so they no longer have it on Sundays this year except the 9th (Which you just missed) and the 30th, their final day. Their Haunt puts GADV's FF to shame. However their haunted houses and terror trails do get long lines and they are a hard PG-13.

Edited by The Master

Yeah, operations are usually great except for the Wild Mouse. A 45 minute line for the Wild Mouse at Dorney would be 10 - 15 minutes at Great Adventure for the Dark Knight. Thunderhawk will probably run 1 train though.

I hate the 8:00 closings on most of the Sunday's, since if I have to work until 5:00, now I can't go since it isn't worth it compared to the 10:00 closings in 2008 - 2010 where I still had almost 4 hours in the park. I heard it was because parents complained that the kids areas and family rides like Road Rally and Cedar Creek Cannonball closed too early and they kids couldn't really stay with the scare actors all over after 6:00.

I remember years ago back in the old Halloweekends days at Dorney. The first couple of years they would run their old Ceder Freak Cannonball, terror train ride on Sundays with scare actors and their Terror Zone trail. Then they stopped having the scare actors on the train and didn't open the terror trail on Sundays. Now they are pulling that again with the Haunt. I think it's really just cost cutting since they still have the Haunt on the two busy Sundays right before Hoildays, Columbus Day eve and Halloween eve. Plus they now have the new Fastpass for the haunted mazes this year, so by not having the less crowded Sunday Haunts will force more people to go on the more crowded nights and force more to buy the fast passes. I think it really sucks since I only can go to Dorney on Sundays, Saturdays are too crowded and Fridays are just too late for me to drive that far. So far this year the only Haunt I made it to was last Week (Oct 9th, Sunday), and it could be the only Haunt I get to this year. Maybe I can make the 30th if the weather is good.

Just wondering......Are the lines for the rollercoasters at Dorney Park tend to be long on weekends? Also, at Dorney do they often times only run one train on each ride like some smaller parks do?

Except for the wild mouse,every coaster yesterday was running one train and it was pretty busy.

Except for the wild mouse,every coaster yesterday was running one train and it was pretty busy.

I am very disappointed to hear that, it's not typical of Dorney at all. I hope it was just a 1 time thing and not going to be the new standard of operations for them.

I'm glad Great Adventure wasn't like that yesterday. Other than Rolling Thunder with just the right side open, all other coasters were running maximum trains, even both sides of the Skyway were open.

edit - I was at Dorney today, Talon, Hydra and Steel Force were running 2 trains even though there were empty rows on every dispatch. So I wonder what their reasoning was for 1 train operations on a Friday night that was busier.

Edited by Yoshi

I was at Dorney on Sunday the 23rd, Steel Force, Talon, and Hydra where running two trains. Thunder Hawk was only running one train.

Edited by The Master

I was at Acme today and they were already removing the Halloween candy and putting up Christmas candy. It really pissed me off, the stupid stores make you feel like a Holiday is over before it even happens anymore. Before you know it they will be replacing the Christmas candy with Valentines candy and that with Easter candy in Feb.

I was in Michael's craft store in July and they already had Christmas merchandise for sale then. Same with a lot of department stores in the mall, Sears and Macy's had Christmas displays up by early September.