VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

That's always been the way with craft and fabric stores, though - us crafty folks need the time to get it all put together before its time to decorate the house!

My Mom use to work on Christmas projects year-round. I think maybe that is why I look forward to Christmas so much each year.

Ah, nothing better than a crisp autumn Friday night at Fright Fest possibly followed later this weekend with a winter visit to the park!

And as a bonus, Easy 93.1 Wildwood has started Christmas music!

Bring it on!!!

Halloween is ruined this year. This just show how truely awlful northeast weather is.

^They probably had to pack some of it away. I doubt the park is going to clear out 4 in of snow for one last day. They will probably cancel Sunday too. Just an awlful way to end the Halloween season. Nothing ruins Halloween more than snow. The only good news it should warm back up to normal temps of high 50s next week so the snow won't stick around long. But it probably won't melt in time to save Halloween this year. :(

Edited by The Master

Next weekend is going to be in the low 60s, it's a shame the parks won't be open then. Dorney is closed today as well since Allentown got hit hard by the freak storm. Hersheypark in the Dark will open at 2PM today, but none of the coasters will be running. Don't know about GADV, their website still lists them being open but I would suspect limited operations like Hershey between the slush and high winds if they are even open.

Edited by The Master

Would be nice if they had a few things running, oh well. Halloween is suposed to be 55 so lets hope the snow melts quickly. Thankfully it's most of the way gone in my area but I know many places have not faired well. Before the strom I had to put some of my props away. Mainly my airblown stuff and my vinyl stuff. I also have a bubbling skull in a water tank I had to put away prematurely.

Edited by The Master

Would be nice if they had a few things running, oh well. Halloween is suposed to be 55 so lets hope the snow melts quickly. Thankfully it's most of the way gone in my area but I know many places have not faired well. Before the strom I had to put some of my props away. Mainly my airblown stuff and my vinyl stuff. I also have a bubbling skull in a water tank I had to put away prematurely.

Originally last year they planned to have the park and rides open along with Grape Adventure. Once Shapiro and Red Zone were gone, the new management changed the plans. I was really looking forward to going since it would have made the offsesaon a little shorter. Even if they had a limited rides, I'd still go. All they need is Nitro for me to go to the park.

I remember 2 years ago they also had planned that Hope for the Holidays where if you donated a toy, there was a 2 hour event on a Friday in mid November where you could ride Kingda Ka and there was some other stuff going on as well (some radio station was supposed to be there among other things). They cancelled it because of rain but I'd like to see them try it again.

Dorney's lot had all the snow removed, I drove by the park today since I was in Allentown most of the weekend so it looked like they planned to open. A lot of the area lost power but I don't think the park did since the traffic lights near the park was working. I went to Dorney Friday night too and was less than impressed with the operations, 1 train on all the coasters with long lines. Years ago I would have said Dorney's operations are way better than Great Adventure's, now Great Adventure seems to have way better operations. Even today, all coasters were running maximum trains and both sides of the Skyway were open.

On Sunday 23rd, Steel Force, Talon, and Hydra were running two trains all day with no lines. Thunderhawk was only running one train but it didn't had a line. Maybe they cut back on trains on Fridays for some weird reason? It could be Dorney only runs single trains on Friday nights to force more people to buy their new Haunt express passes which would be very dishonest of them to do. Since most Sundays this year didn't have Haunt, they went back to two trains as usual.

On Sunday 23rd, Steel Force, Talon, and Hydra were running two trains all day with no lines. Thunderhawk was only running one train but it didn't had a line. Maybe they cut back on trains on Fridays for some weird reason? It could be Dorney only runs single trains on Friday nights to force more people to buy their new Haunt express passes which would be very dishonest of them to do. Since most Sundays this year didn't have Haunt, they went back to two trains as usual.

I was there on the 23rd too. The only thing is that the Frightlane pass didn't work for rides unless they wanted to keep the ride lines long to get people into the maze lines? My concern is next year where the Fast Lane is supposedly coming to the rides as well so hopefully the run 2 trains everyday next year. I'm not expecting 3 trains on Steel Force most of the time but I don't want to see 30 - 40 minute lines with 1 train running again on Steel Force, Talon and Hydra.