VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

I hope you have a fast recovery. I had one upper wisdom tooth removed last year. It wasn't impacted and wasn't much worse than a regular tooth extraction (I had some baby teeth removed before I got braces).

I have a dilemma... I am at 147 coasters that I rode and will be dropping off my dad to visit my brother in Long Island this weekend. I have been to Luna Park only once to ride Cyclone. They have 3 more coasters there... Should I ride all 3 making Thunderbolt my 50th or ride just 2 and ride The Joker at GADV to make that my 50th?

I will probably go to GADV next Sunday and it's a tough decision. I don't remember my 100tth coaster since I started to used coastercounter.com and had over 130 when I submitted all my rides at that time.

Opinions will help, thanks.

As long as it is a good coaster or something memorable (not a clone like a Wild Mouse) I think whatever you choose will be a good choice. It it was something like a boomerang or SLC, I would then try to wait and make it a better coaster for the 150th. Rollie's Coaster was my 50th coaster and I wanted to make sure my 100th coaster was better. It was going to be the 1st coaster I rode at Kings Island and chose Banshee.

As long as it is a good coaster or something memorable (not a clone like a Wild Mouse) I think whatever you choose will be a good choice. It it was something like a boomerang or SLC, I would then try to wait and make it a better coaster for the 150th. Rollie's Coaster was my 50th coaster and I wanted to make sure my 100th coaster was better. It was going to be the 1st coaster I rode at Kings Island and chose Banshee.

A few people suggested Thunderbolt since I go to GADV all the time.

I like your choice of Banshee at Kings Island, but I might have picked The Beast.

If I tried I could probably find out what my 100th coaster was. Need to just go back through the years... It was probably at Cedar Point in the mid 2000's.... confirmed... at Cedar Point... just don't know which one!

Edited by robertleax

I have a dilemma... I am at 147 coasters that I rode and will be dropping off my dad to visit my brother in Long Island this weekend. I have been to Luna Park only once to ride Cyclone. They have 3 more coasters there... Should I ride all 3 making Thunderbolt my 50th or ride just 2 and ride The Joker at GADV to make that my 50th?

I will probably go to GADV next Sunday and it's a tough decision. I don't remember my 100tth coaster since I started to used coastercounter.com and had over 130 when I submitted all my rides at that time.

Opinions will help, thanks.

There's actually 5 coasters besides Cyclone. 3 more at Luna park and 2 at Scream Zone. I'm not really familiar with the relationship between the 2 parks, but they are both operated by Zamperla.

There's actually 5 coasters besides Cyclone. 3 more at Luna park and 2 at Scream Zone. I'm not really familiar with the relationship between the 2 parks, but they are both operated by Zamperla.

I did see that afterwards...tks

I think I will do all of them on Sunday making Thunderbolt my 150th

They are the same park. Luna Park proper is on one side of Deno's Wonder Wheel Park, Scream Zone on the other. But wristbands purchased at Luna Park are valid for the rides at Scream Zone, and vice versa.

They are the same park. Luna Park proper is on one side of Deno's Wonder Wheel Park, Scream Zone on the other. But wristbands purchased at Luna Park are valid for the rides at Scream Zone, and vice versa.

Why does RCDB distinguish them as separate parks? I know it's combined on Luna Park's website.

Why does RCDB distinguish them as separate parks? I know it's combined on Luna Park's website.

Not sure. Perhaps because it's known as 'Scream Zone' and not 'Luna Park's Scream Zone'? Only good guess I have.

Never made it Coney Island on Sunday... Change of plans, going to OC NJ on Tuesday, will ride 2 rides there and then hit The Joker on Sunday or Monday with my kids for my 150th. I think I would rather be with my kids then doing it alone. Hopefully I can get a shot holding up a sign...

Absolutely craziness in Dallas tonight. 5 officers killed and several others injured. I stayed a few blocks away from where this all happened a few months ago, it was a lovely city. Just so much senseless violence. Just seems to be getting worse for our country, 3 goofball horrible presidential candidates, a horrible job market, more and more awful shootings. Ugh just a terrible night for our country.

Edited by SatansHockey

On Monday morning a buddy of mine and I are heading out on our long awaited road trip. Kennywood Monday, Kings Island Tuesday + Wednesday morning, Cedar Point Wednesday night through Saturday morning. Been looking forward to this week for months on end!