VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

That looks cool, it would be fun to have a collection of all the different ride models that are sold in stores for Halloween and Christmas plus the non holiday themed rides.

That looks cool, it would be fun to have a collection of all the different ride models that are sold in stores for Halloween and Christmas plus the non holiday themed rides.

+ Add in those nano coasters and you got yourself a mini theme park!

I've tried multiple times to make that happen, both from the Coaster Dynamix side, and by going through people I know at the park. The last I heard was 2 years ago, and it was that the merchandise supervisor liked it.

I have about 8 nanocoasters from CP, KI, Carowinds, and the CD online store.

That's a shame, I remember there were talks that there were going to be Statix models for Batman The Ride but that never happened either. I have a Talon Statix (I didn't want Hydra) and would have bought some Great Adventure versions of those as well if they had been made.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I was expecting anything new for Dorney for 2018. It looks like every park in the chain is getting a new ride next year except Dorney and Michigan's Adventure and that makes 2 out of the last 3 years no new ride or slide was added (I'm not counting new trains for Thunderhawk).

and the nano coasters are awesome. I have the cyclone, what I call KK and I picked up Millennium Force when I was Cedar Point in July. I would have liked to get some more from the Point but at $35 each I had to be an adult and limit it to only one.

​Hurricane Irma is coming, the mighty storm might move northeast to US east coast to hit Jersey Shore again like Sandy I don't want to happen again like five years ago. Will the storm will hit Jersey Shore again or the storm will hit Florida. I'm scared about this one now I don't want another Sandy. Please don't hit our Jersey Shore again? Is the storm is aheading to Florida not aheading for northeast like Jersey Shore this month?

South Carolina I believe is the most the eye is going north. My house was flooded in Sandy (and didn't get raised until 2 years later in 2014). I wouldn't want anything like that to happen again.

Edited by Mr.Six

I am three for three with Hurricanes. Two vacations ago I went to Hawaii and was threatened with a hurricane. Then I was suppose to go to Bermuda on a cruise and we were diverted to Canada because of a hurricane. Now I am heading to Florida and Irma is in the neighborhood. I just hope it dies down and doesn't hit us again in NJ especially since I just moved to a waterfront house.

19 minutes ago, Mrpq said:

Too bad hoodies weather last all of just about week these days lmao

I know, I pulled out my down parka to make sure it still fits this past weekend and send it to the cleaner.  I have a feeling we may go right into full winter after Halloween if not before.

20 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I was at Home Depot last night and they were putting out the Christmas stuff!

Image result for santa happy dance gif

Though I did finish knitting my scarf for this winter and have started on my mittens, I'm definitely NOT ready for Christmas.  Though that weird bonus season between FF and HINP is a pretty great time to ride Nitro multiple times. 

I remember years ago when we used to start putting out Christmas merchandise at work in late September or early October some customers would get annoyed because they thought it was too early. The problem was that since other stores had the items out, we had to have it for sale too if we didn't want people shopping early to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

Sesame Place announces for 2018 tomorrow.  I'm stuck on what they will get.  Could be a Coaster similar to Invadr at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  It could also be something like bumper cars.  I'm excited to see what they get!

Edited by Mr.Six