VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tinker Bell may get a new home

GAcoaster

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Tinker Bell may get a new home

Walt Disney World is planning to add actresses playing Tinker Bell and her friends from an upcoming series of "Disney Fairies" movies -- and might be creating a new attraction based on them.

Disney held auditions last week for actresses to play the Disney Fairies characters in the parks, including Tinker Bell, Silvermist, Rosetta, Iridessa and Fawn.

In a prepared statement, a Disney spokeswoman explained: "Disney Imagineers are currently creating a special new home for Tink and her friends which promises to immerse guests in the world of Pixie Dust at Walt Disney World."

Spokeswoman Andrea Finger would not elaborate about whether this meant the fairy characters will have their own attraction, nor did she specify which park they might appear in.

Except for Tinker Bell, the characters are based on a new "Disney Fairies" entertainment franchise that the Walt Disney Co. has been developing in recent years through children's books, Internet Web pages, games, toys and a series of straight-to-DVD movies that will begin emerging this fall.

This is one of those things that really turns me off about Disney...they exploit their properties to sell more crap to kids. First it was the Disney Princesses, and now it's the fairies. UGH! :rolleyes:

I can understand Tinker Bell getting the treatment of being in the park often and such, but I just don't see the need to include these other fairies as they are not really characters from a major franchise. Tinker Bell is initially from Peter Pan which is a mainstay Disney movie, whereas these direct to DVD movies do not really generate new major characters in my opinion. Instead of having these new ones out I would rather see some of the older characters whom you don't ever really see anymoe be resurrected in costume.