VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Woman Gives Birth To Third Child While Visiting Sesame Place

GAcoaster

From NBC10.com:

Woman Gives Birth To Third Child While Visiting Sesame Place

LANGHORNE, Pa. -- A mother who took her two children to Sesame Place Saturday gave birth to her third child in a bathroom stall.

Takia Mann, 21, of Manhattan, gave birth to Jayda about 20 minutes into the family visit to Sesame Place, according to the theme park.

Mann went into a restroom, her water broke and the baby entered the world. The baby's umbilical cord even broke off naturally, according to the theme park.

"It happened so fast. I didn't have pain, just shock," Mann said.

According to the theme park, a woman in a nearby stall asked Mann if she was all right. Mann opened the stall door with her newborn in her arms.

Sesame Place EMT Emily Raab, 20, checked out the baby who was healthy and weighed 5 pounds and 11 ounces.

Mann and Jayda were taken by ambulance to St. Mary Hospital. Both are doing well and are scheduled to return home on Monday afternoon, after they have a special visit with Elmo and Abby Cadabby from Sesame Place.

The family will receive season passes for the remainder of the year and 2009 since Jayda's older brothers only spent 20 minutes in Sesame Place after traveling from New York, according to the theme park.

:huh: OK, now I'm no expert on giving birth, but wouldn't she have SOME KIND of warning that she was giving birth?!? She gave birth to TWO OTHER CHILDREN! It's not like she didn't know the signs...she had given birth TWICE BEFORE!!! :rolleyes:

After knowing what I know from going thru everything with my Wife for my two kids, there was no way that woman should of even been at Sesame Place being that close to a due date like i'm sure she was. Especially on a day as hot as today.

That is amazing to think of happening. But I must agree with you both there must have been warning signs this was coming and there had to be pain of some sorts. But amazing things do happen so nothing is schocking. I thought the passes were a nice little gesture by the park though especially since its not like this was an accident they had caused or anything :)

What in the world!!!! You gotta be kidding me that a woman who is that far along in a pregnancy would take two kids and drive from NY to go to Sesame Place in all kinds of heat and farts out a kid in the bathroom. I know its not but this sounds made up. Lets reward this nutjob with some season passes and a visit from Dr. Elmo. Yeesh

I know it sounds like some pretty poor decision making to be sure, but we don't know the entire story behind why she may have gone on that day in particular. Some people don't get mucvh choice in when they take their kids places and other factors can be in there. As I said before it seems off that she would be there, but there could be more going on than any of us could think of so it may not be right to really rip on her.