VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Anyone planning a Holiday park visit in 2009?

29yrswithaGApass

I am hoping to get to Hershey. I have gone in 1996, 1999 and last year and it is fun but there is 1 problem. It is like torture seeing all the coasters and not being able to ride. I still would like to see at least Trailblazer, Comet and Sooperdooperlooper open. It's better than not going to a park but it isn't the same without the coasters.

The problem is ice, it would be very hard and exspensive to keep coaster tracks deiced in the winter time in our zone 6 climate. Besides that the temps are usually cold enough to suck most of the fun out of riding a rollercoaster :cold: and it's really for the best that they are not open. I am amazed that Hershey has as many outdoor rides running as they do for this time of the year. Sadly if you want to ride a coaster this time of the year you will have to travel to a park in a warmer climate, zone 8 or higher.

Edited by The Master

• 9 months later...

We just booked a long weekend at WDW for the first part of December! I need to use my annual pass again before January. It has been a few years since I have been to the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom and the Candlelight Ceremony at EPCOT and I am really looking forward to it!

Hershey and Storybook Land have become annual traditions so we'll be hitting those two seperate nights. We always seem to pick the coldest night to visit Hershey where we freeze our Christmas ba**s off on the monorail ride!

If only our local Six Flags had a Holiday in the Park event! ;)

Know for a fact im going to BGE christmas town. I have never been to Hershey for theirs, but have heard good things about it.

Hershey is good if you go into it not expecting much in terms of thrills. Otherwise it will probably be a letdown since the only major rides open are the Claw, Swings, Pirate, Bumper Cars and Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge and maybe 1 or 2 I forgot. Everything else is kiddie rides and tranquil/tame rides like the antique cars, Kissing Tower, monorail, train etc.

Nice to see we're all in the holiday spirit! Usually, I'll just do a Disneyworld Halloween :Jack: /Christmas :Snowman: visit (because they change the decorations and shows overnight while we are there. This year I'm sorry to say I don't think I will. But, what you guys are thinking looks nice... I've never been to Hershey during the Holiday Season.