VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Anyone planning a Holiday park visit in 2009?

29yrswithaGApass

With Thanksgiving only about two weeks away, the Holidays won't be that far behind. Is anyone planning on visiting any Holiday events?

I am hoping to get to Hershey's Christmas Candy Lane & Sweet Lights and Dutch "Winter" Wonderland in Pennsylvania, and Storybook Land's Fantasy with Lights in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.

Christmas is less than 50 days away ! Ho Ho Ho!

Unfortunatley I'm not. The rest of my family isn't too fond of parks. It seriously took over a year and a half of asking to get them to bring me to CP, and I've been begging for a GAdv visit for the last two years. So basically it's almost a guarunteed no. :(

Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival looks like a lot of fun. It's a beautiful park in the summer so I am sure the decorations and lights for Christmas are spectacular. As usual, the show lineup is pretty extensive here.

Unfortunately. it's a long drive for even a long weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest warnerleroy
It's never TOO soon to plan ahead, just ask HERSHEYPARK.

Great Adventure needs a Christmas time event... and a catchy jingle too!

We wish you a Great Adventure, we wish you a Great Adventure, we wish you a Great Adventure, we Wish you a Great Adventure, and a happy new year!

29yrs you are spot on about Dollywood. I went the end of June and the whole town is awesome. Dollywood should be a model park for how clean and well run it is. I bet they go all out for the holidays! I have been there twice the last few years and I have never been disappointed! But the trip is OK if you do a Fri-Monday kinda thing. Yo Josh a big South Jersey shout out! Galloway in da house here!!

Iv'e always wanted to do Hershey for Christmas time, but not this year. I am waiting a couple of year's until my little one is a little older. I will not plan big trip until she is old enough to remember it later in life. Only GA for me and my Family for a couple of more years. I also want her to be big enough that she can go on more rides. She just went on the Bucanneer for the first time last night, and she was pretty scared. At least it was not as bad as my 6yr. old. I took her on TDK the day it opened, and she wasn't ready for it yet. Only the Runaway Train for her now.

• 2 months later...

Harry, you going to be at Storybookland this year? I am going to be a ride op for the Christmas time! :)

^ Operate the Olde Tymers antique cars - fewer kids! :)

I am hoping to go to all four but I have a feeling Hershey is going to win out over Dutch Wonderland if we only make one trip to Lancaster/Hershey. I've never been to Sesame Place yet so I definetly want to check that out. Storybook Land is a Christmas tradition.

IMG_1111.jpg

^ Operate the Olde Tymers antique cars - fewer kids! :)

I am hoping to go to all four but I have a feeling Hershey is going to win out over Dutch Wonderland if we only make one trip to Lancaster/Hershey. I've never been to Sesame Place yet so I definetly want to check that out. Storybook Land is a Christmas tradition.

IMG_1111.jpg

Let me know when you are down. Isn't it ironic I live literally a five second walk from there but two days ago was my first time there since I was 4! LOL.

I had no idea Sesame Place was open for the Holiday's. I would have even considered going to check it out for $10 but I have to work that day.

I went to Storybook Land's Holiday event probably around 12 - 14 years ago. It was fun and I need the coaster credit but $20 is too much.

I am hoping to get to Hershey. I have gone in 1996, 1999 and last year and it is fun but there is 1 problem. It is like torture seeing all the coasters and not being able to ride. I still would like to see at least Trailblazer, Comet and Sooperdooperlooper open. It's better than not going to a park but it isn't the same without the coasters.

Edited by Yoshi

• 1 month later...