VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Wii Game

Upallnite

Supposedly It is a collection of Mini-Games, based on Carnival Games. Have to wait and see if it any good. I think up till' this point, theme park games peaked with RCT2.

Can't agree with you any more at this point. Had 2 and 3 and 2 worked out well. I was able to build a lot on it. 3 just really sucks hardcore sometimes and even on newer and newer computers it doesn't run right. Besides nothing beats have GA in RCT2 there for remodeling and new rides to be built.

• 1 month later...

Source: ign.com

Brash Entertainment and Six Flags Partner to Launch Six Flags: Fun Park Videogame for Nintendo DS

Admitting gamers of all ages, Six Flags: Fun Park is the only amusement park that stays open year-round.

October 29, 2008 - Brash Entertainment, in partnership with Six Flags Inc., (NYSE: SIX) announced today that Six Flags: Fun Park for the Nintendo DS shipped today in North America to retail stores nationwide, allowing Six Flags thrill seekers the opportunity to experience a year round, take anywhere amusement park adventure. The game will be released for the Nintendo Wii system later this year, in time for the holiday gift-giving season. Rated E for Everyone, Six Flags: Fun Park for the DS invites kids of all ages to this virtual theme park attraction.

Step right and don't be shy, Six Flags: Fun Park brings 40 mini-games, in four uniquely themed areas to your very own DS, including Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags Fright Fest, Funville and Astro City. Playing a bevy of midway-style games of chance and skill, players utilize the DS dual screen and stylus to simulate the motions of the games, recreating the beloved games of skill found at Six Flags, like Ring Toss, Whack-a-Mole, and many others, adapted to compliment the various themed areas of the park.

Players start the adventure by creating a customized character, and then begin exploring the vast park. Taking a stroll through the grounds, park patrons and workers deliver quests, which upon completion, will earn them prizes, clothing accessories and other un-lockables. These quests also lead players to secret areas of the park, unfolding a storyline that weaves in the parks' past, present and future. Players even have the chance to join the Six Flags team, as some challenges enlist players to work the various concessions stands throughout the park. Order up! After their shift is completed, players will earn enough coins and tickets to enjoy the marquee attractions at Six Flags Fun Park - the rides. Each of the themed areas boasts an interactive ride, where players shoot at obstacles and targets as the whoosh by.

Six Flags: Fun Park is a zany adventure title for fans of all ages. The game is rated "E10" for "Everyone" by the ESRB and is available for the Nintendo DS with an MSRP of $29.99. For more information, visit: http://sixflagsfunpark.com/.

Here are some previews:

Six Flags Fun Park Trailer

Six Flags Fun Park Trailer #2 (Fright Fest)

This sounds kind of like a revamp of Carnival Games from the Wii with the Six Flags stamp on it. I haven't played either so I can't really judge, but from the description it sounds like it has similarities. I have a feeling some people expected with the SF name attached they may assume rides are involved in the whole thing.

Carnival Games was fun on the Wii (not so much on the DS), but got boring kind of fast. I am going to get this game but no way am I paying $39.99 for it. When it drops to under $10, I'll get it.

I'm sure nobody who isn't a total nerd who had the game pre-ordered noticed, BUT, in typical Six Flags fashion, that little press release that the DS version has shipped neglects the small fact that the other two editions were supposed to come out last week too. Instead, they're now quietly pushed back to December, meaning that this game is likely to be even more rushed and of poor quality than I anticipated. Yay Six Flags!!

Edited by pashacar

Source: Variety

Brash Entertainment short on cash

Vidgame publisher lays off 20 employees

By BEN FRITZ

brash_sixflags.jpg

Movie-based videogame publisher Brash Entertainment has laid off 20 employees and is in talks with studios about returning licenses as it struggles to find new financing.

It's the latest round of problems for Brash, which saw co-founder and Legendary Pictures chairman Thomas Tull resign recently and several other top execs ankle.

Company confirmed the layoffs on Thursday. It's not clear how many employees remain.

According to numerous sources, Brash has been cutting back significantly on production in the past few months. It has stopped paying some developers and is in talks with several studios from which it has licensed properties about either returning the rights or selling the games to new publishers.

At launch, Brash announced that it had raised $400 million in private equity funding. However, sources indicated it was able to access only a portion of that coin and that, amid the ongoing economic crisis, it is now running short on cash. It is believed to be searching for new funding or a buyer.

Company confirmed that only two games on its slate will still definitely be released: "Six Flags Fun Park" in December and "Saw" next year.

Other games in production at Brash, only some of which have been announced, include "Superman," "Prison Break," "Tale of Desperaux," "Night at the Museum 2," "Clash of the Titans" and "300." It's not yet clear what their fate will be.