VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags over Tampa?

GAcoaster

From Jaunted.com:

Theme Parks Travel: Six Flags over Tampa?

Where: Tampa, FL, United States

9/02/2008 at 9:20 AM

Tags: Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, Six Flags (all tags)

It might be time to starting planning another trip to central Florida to take in the latest and greatest theme park. The St. Petersburg Times is reporting that theme park giant Six Flags is thinking about opening a new park in the Tampa area. Apparently, this rumor has been cooking for some time, but recent developments have moved it to the front page.

Supposedly the park would be constructed on the current site of a large flea market or on the grounds of an old mining facility that is scheduled for renovation. Two hotels under construction in the area in question have fueled rumors that some big coasters are looking for a vacation home in Florida.

County officials are saying that nothing has been filed in regards to a new theme park, but they also say they're definitely open to chatting up Six Flags regarding the possibility. So for now, the rumor is still a rumor, but Manta may not be the only new coaster coming to Central Florida next year.

This rumor just keeps popping up, no matter how many times Six Flags mentions they aren't building any new parks and they are so far in debt they couldn't open a new park if they wanted to! :rolleyes:

Guest warnerleroy

I demand Six FLags not build a Florida park! I take in great pride that our park is Six Flags largest, flagship, and most popular park. It's the only reson I don't fell bad about leaving Disney World, I always think atleast I have our Six Flags! If the Florida park is opened, our park will not be the most popular. I say we sign a petition to keep our parks Six FLags Flagship.

Or build in New Jersey... :rolleyes:

YES!!!!!! Disney should, attendance could easily be over 20000000 becuase of the closer proximity to NY and Philadelphia.(Hint, hint Disney) Six flags is Awesome, but Disney is Awesomer! I like Six Flags, but I choose theming over thrills 85% of the time, and although it's off topic, I just love how the company is founded and run. Hopefully one day there will be a topic here"Disney talks about building NJ park"

It depends what you mean by red light! Any ride over 200 feet needs a red aviation warning light, but there isn't a "red light" as in preventing something from over 200 feet being built.

The need for the red flashing light atop 200+ foot structures is the reason Disney's Tower of Terror measures in at 199 feet. They did not want to have to install lights at the top for fear that it would take away from the theming.

It depends what you mean by red light! Any ride over 200 feet needs a red aviation warning light, but there isn't a "red light" as in preventing something from over 200 feet being built.

The need for the red flashing light atop 200+ foot structures is the reason Disney's Tower of Terror measures in at 199 feet. They did not want to have to install lights at the top for fear that it would take away from the theming.

Wow, that was interesting, learn something from you everyday. ;)