VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 10- Restore the Great Arena and Bring Back Concerts

Another example of Six Flags' failure to maintain basic park infrastructure to the point that should they ever decide to use something again, it will not be possible because it has deteriorated so badly.  I would hate to see the Great Arena demolished, but sadly, I believe  the company has largely eliminated shows at it parks, and has left most of its show venues sitting idol for quite some time.

Again, though, I keep going back to the CEOs desire to target guests and draw them to the parks for a premium experience at a premium price.  Just don't see how it's possible if you are unable to sell the entire park experience as a result of having virtually nothing but rollercoasters and thrill rides.

I could be wrong,but I heard somewhere that some companies like Ticketmaster and Live Nation try to bully promoters and performers into dealing only with them-making it harder for independent or small outlets to stay in business,which is why the outdoor pavillions at theme parks (like the Great Arena) did good business back in the 1970's & 80's but now sit unused.