VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 1/10/2023

Yoshi

With local schools back in session and Christmas Town over, I went to Busch Gardens today for a short visit. Crowds were back to their normal levels with everything a walk on - 5 minute wait.

Iron Gwazi was first. My original goal last year was to get 100 rides, I finished at 51. 50+ rides later and I still don't have the layout memorized yet with the track going in what seems like a new direction every few seconds.

Cheetah Hunt had a completely empty station and took advantage of that to get a front row ride. Last month the water was back in the old Rhino Rally section but today there was no water. I walked around for a 2nd ride.

Cobra's Curse and then Montu were next. Montu is probably the most forceful B&M invert I have ridden, even more than Batman The Ride.

Scorpion is another forceful coaster at the park. Schwarzkopf loops are my favorite inversion. The last ride of the day was Sand Serpent. I had some recent bad luck with the ride. Last month I had just gotten in the car in the station and it broke down. Today the car got to the final brake run and the ride broke down. Around 7 minutes later, a mechanic was there to get the car back into the station. They apologized and gave me a 1 use Quick Queue pass good until November. I didn't wait to see how long it took for the car stuck at the upper portion of the ride to get to the unload area.

With it being a slow time of the year, the park closes at 5:00 which is understandable considering how empty it is on weekdays. I'll take 7 rides in around 90 minutes any time.

918583170_BGT2.thumb.jpeg.a4d6c6fcb7ba25632a1137fec8b4525c.jpeg

79953577_BGT4.thumb.jpeg.8c684f558a6a12f51cc3b44b677e7463.jpeg

1296453565_BGT1.thumb.jpeg.4e790ff8655d8cbee24968e7ead30d10.jpeg

Serengeti Flyer looks ready to open soon.

1191183361_BGT3.thumb.jpeg.bb144ce83a953987783c27c61b6292c5.jpeg

Phoenix is completely gone.

190203246_BGT5.thumb.jpeg.69fd2b43538bb58b84468a2f59296f7e.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Iron Gwazi was first. My original goal last year was to get 100 rides, I finished at 51. 50+ rides later and I still don't have the layout memorized yet with the track going in what seems like a new direction every few seconds.

I thought it was just me not knowing the layout after riding! You just can't anticipate ANYTHING on that ride-- totally random layout and still a great ride each time. 

It's one of the only coasters that I don't know the layout of after many rides. I guess with the layout so unique compared to something like a B&M where you kind of know the order of elements after a few rides, Iron Gwazi will take a while to remember everything.