VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 1/24/23

Yoshi

I went to Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday again for my 4th trip this month.

Besides rides, I also spent some time at the animal exhibits and took the train ride. From the train, you can get a closer look at Serengeti Flyer including seeing the entrance to the queue with the sign up. The Congo train station had been closed for over a year and then reopened around 6 months ago. It was not in use on Tuesday but with the park so empty, it wasn't really needed.

I was going to start with Iron Gwazi as usual but it broke down right when I entered the station. It did reopen later in the day and I rode once before closing with about a 15 minute wait.

Cobra's Curse has been closed since Monday. Even though the elevator lift is a cool feature compared to a traditional lift, I would have preferred to see them use a traditional lift hill since the elevator lift seems to be the cause of extended closures.

Sheikra reopened around a week and a half ago. With construction going on around the park, the normal path to Stanleyville is closed off past the Sesame Street area and you have to walk through Pantopia, Congo and Jungala to get to the coaster. The light tunnel used for Christmas Town is still open as a bypass that saves a few minutes. Since I walked all the way there, I rode twice walking onto the last row each time.

I also rode Cheetah Hunt, Montu and Sand Serpent once each waiting 3 trains for the front row Cheetah Hunt, walking onto the other 2 rides.

1214949891_BGT1(1).thumb.JPG.2ec0be9bea30c9c439b468fe9730e47d.JPG

BGT2.thumb.JPG.7f520c68a5aea0ce509dfc68900b02b9.JPG

SerengetiFlyer1.thumb.jpeg.ff1763d14d50b460910f73296f31992e.jpeg

• Like 4