VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Left Side Needs Love

The far left side of the park needs a lot of love, as Frontier Adventure is REALLY outdated. I love the rides there and it's such a nostalgia trip, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who agrees they need some sort of update to the area. Plaza Del Carnival is alright too, but it's existence has felt meaningless without El Toro being present. I think the next few additions other than next year (will probably replace the Parachutes) should be on the left side to improve the quality of those areas.

I got a great chuckle out of the idea of the "frontier" being "outdated". That's kind of the point. It's not outdated, it's neglected, like most of the park. Best of the West is closed, the Safari is closed, the arena is closed, and the second coaster in the area has once again been inappropriately themed to intentionally not fit in the theme of the area.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobertDavid said:

I got a great chuckle out of the idea of the "frontier" being "outdated". That's kind of the point. It's not outdated, it's neglected, like most of the park. Best of the West is closed, the Safari is closed, the arena is closed, and the second coaster in the area has once again been inappropriately themed to intentionally not fit in the theme of the area.

i get what you are saying, and what i'm trying to says is I think expanding on the outdated rustic western theme would be great, and that area shouldn't be neglected as much as it is.

The whole park needs fresh pavement, fresh paint, fresh plantings-- just a general "glow up" like was in progress 15+ years ago under Premier, and 30 years ago under Time Warner. 

As for balance, I think overall it's pretty good:

Log Flume, RMT, Medusa, El Toro, Ka on one side

Big Wheel, BTR, Nitro, Jersey Devil, Wonder Woman on the other 

On 3/25/2023 at 12:59 PM, GAcoaster said:

The whole park needs fresh pavement, fresh paint, fresh plantings-- just a general "glow up" like was in progress 15+ years ago under Premier, and 30 years ago under Time Warner. 

As for balance, I think overall it's pretty good:

Log Flume, RMT, Medusa, El Toro, Ka on one side

Big Wheel, BTR, Nitro, Jersey Devil, Wonder Woman on the other 

Quality of life would be nice, and would enhance the park's overall appearance a lot.

The park is lopsided in regards to flats and smaller rights. The majority of flat rides are in the southern half of the park while the northern half is pretty sparce on flat rides. This isn't helped by the fact that many of the rides in the northern half of the park have really long walks for single rides, Green Lantern, Superman, Kingda Ka, El Toro, especially the drop tower, and Medusa all have overly long walks with no other attractions nearby. Many of the park sections in the northern half only feature one to two operating attractions. 

In Frontier Adventures it would be nice if the derelict and ill placed safari station was removed and replaced with western themed flats. The north side of the park has a larger number of derelict or SBNO attractions which has increased this season. You have the old sim theater, the GK theater, the GK water playground, the aformentioned safari station, the Northern Arena, etc, all standing SBNO. Moreover, the park really messed up the pathways and traffic flow around the lakeside of Frontier Adventures. Last year, the park closed off its northern half even before Halloween! It has befome a pretty neglected side of the park. 

Edited by The Master

7 hours ago, The Master said:

In Frontier Adventures it would be nice if the dialect and ill placed safari station was removed and replaced with western themed flats. The north side of the park has a larger number of dialect or SBNO attractions which has increased this season. You have the old sim theater, the GK theater, the GK water playground, the aformentioned safari station, the Northern Arena, etc, all standing SBNO. Moreover, the park really messed up the pathways and traffic flow around the lakeside of Frontier Adventures. Last year, the park closed off its northern half even before Halloween! It has befome a pretty neglected side of the park. 

Dialect? ;)

20 hours ago, The Master said:

The park is lopsided in regards to flats and smaller rights. The majority of flat rides are in the southern half of the park while the northern half is pretty sparce on flat rides. This isn't helped by the fact that many of the rides in the northern half of the park have really long walks for single rides, Green Lantern, Superman, Kingda Ka, El Toro, especially the drop tower, and Medusa all have overly long walks with no other attractions nearby. Many of the park sections in the northern half only feature one to two operating attractions. 

In Frontier Adventures it would be nice if the derelict and ill placed safari station was removed and replaced with western themed flats. The north side of the park has a larger number of derelict or SBNO attractions which has increased this season. You have the old sim theater, the GK theater, the GK water playground, the aformentioned safari station, the Northern Arena, etc, all standing SBNO. Moreover, the park really messed up the pathways and traffic flow around the lakeside of Frontier Adventures. Last year, the park closed off its northern half even before Halloween! It has befome a pretty neglected side of the park. 

That's what i'm saying. I think the northern side could use more flats. It's not spaced as well as the Southern side is.

Since SORA is never coming back, the old station & queue line should be torn down and replaced with a couple flats. Nothing too flashy, just to increase foot traffic in that area.

Personally, I'd love to see a Zamperla Endeavour (that modern Enterprise that's been popping up at various Six Flags parks) and the return of a western themed HUSS Breakdance.

Edited by MarioSonic94
  • Like 1