VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: April 5th, 2023 - First Trip of the Season

29yrswithaGApass

Great pictures as always.

It's sad to see a big portion of the park closed off until Memorial Day or later. However, I'm glad to see there was little to no damage from that tornado warning.

Also, the Coke Freestyle machines are back in the park after being gone since Covid. That's a win in my book!

• Like 1

Excellent trip report as always, thanks for sharing.

There's such a distinct split between positives and negatives here:

+ Barnstormer looks great!

+ The Arboretum is beautiful.

+ The Yum Yum Palace and Log Flume updates are welcome.

--- The number of closed attractions is frankly embarrassing. The park is clearly short on staff and from all I've seen and heard that falls squarely on the CEO's shoulders - the company now seems to be an objectively worse employer that expects too much from those who work for it.

+ It's cool to see the Discovery Bay bucket being reused, even if the paint scheme is a little odd.

- Seeing the Green Lantern sign in the shape it's in is a bummer. I always vote for this as my favorite sign every year; the coaster track being shot out of the ring is really creative. It's sad to see the sign in such disrepair.

+ The entry sign looks very nice, as do the extra flag banners and decorations on park grounds (The duck and balloons)

- The missing sign from Jolly Roger - that's just weak presentation unless it was a result of the tornado.

+ Nitro's trains are looking good.

- Parachuter's Perch :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...