VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Park Permit Issues

Great Adventurer

Interesting those "oversights" came at times of changes in management. Either they fell between the cracks or there maybe there were thoughts of doing away with the Safari. 

At this point I kind of wish Six Flags would sell the park to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. They know how to run Busch Gardens Tampa, they can run GA... 

• Like 4

On 4/11/2023 at 4:37 AM, GAcoaster said:

Interesting those "oversights" came at times of changes in management. Either they fell between the cracks or there maybe there were thoughts of doing away with the Safari. 

At this point I kind of wish Six Flags would sell the park to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. They know how to run Busch Gardens Tampa, they can run GA... 

Yeah, I’m kind of over Six Flags at this point. I’m moving soon and I have all the love in the world for Great Adventure, but I’m honestly excited for my home park to not be run by Six Flags in its current state.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GASM said:

Yeah, I’m kind of over Six Flags at this point. I’m moving soon and I have all the love in the world for Great Adventure, but I’m honestly excited for my home park to not be run by Six Flags in its current state.

I'm with you on that boat too. I've been a passholder/member since 2016 and my enthusiasm has been down the last couple of years. I'm still trying to recover from all the job stress I had last year, which led to me resorting to food and gaining weight.

Even if I didn't have job stress, I feel like a change may be necessary or a break for a year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, I Have No Name said:

I'm with you on that boat too. I've been a passholder/member since 2016 and my enthusiasm has been down the last couple of years. I'm still trying to recover from all the job stress I had last year, which led to me resorting to food and gaining weight.

Even if I didn't have job stress, I feel like a change may be necessary or a break for a year.

Been a passholder/member since 2011 and I’ll be switching to a Cedar Fair pass since I’ll be about 2 hours from Kings Island and about 4 1/2 hours from Cedar Point. Sad to drop my SF pass even with the current state of the company, but it’s not gonna do me much good when I’m 3 1/2 hours away from the closest park in the chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I have always been a real SF loyalist, but it's getting dicey. I'll keep my membership as long as my SF Mexico one stays grandfathered at $3/month, but for the first time in my life, I have to say I would welcome Sea World or CF taking over – and with the chain's financial performance in a very rich moment for the industry, it seems more likely than ever.