VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor at Night

While walking through Hurricane Harbor yesterday I took the opportunity to snap the pictures below. In these photos, it is clear to see that HH is ready to go if they ever decided to stay open after dark. How cool would it be to have the park open late, maybe even once a week during the summer to attract guests that maybe can't make it to the park in time for normal hours after work. I am sure some people, myself included, would visit the park just to experience Hurricane Harbor at night. I think the park should consider a promotion like "Friday Nights Afloat" or "Hurricane Harbor Happy Hours". It would be great to experience an "After Dark in the Water Park" event.

gallery_2_35_185670.jpg

gallery_2_35_78811.jpg

gallery_2_35_105430.jpg

gallery_2_35_200515.jpg

gallery_2_35_265818.jpg

gallery_2_35_175526.jpg

gallery_2_35_149786.jpg

gallery_2_35_23237.jpg

gallery_2_35_27021.jpg

I think it would be cool. I know they are open late at SF White Water in Atlanta. They have "dive-in movies" where they project movies onto a big screen over the (still) wave pool, so you can just float in a tube and watch the movie at night.

I just imagine it would be a HUGE liability at night when it's harder to see people in the water.

We talked about this a liitle while ago. Your right, it would be harder for the Guard's to see. But 7:00 in the middle of July, is way too early to close. And with the amount of light's in the park, it would probably be pretty bright. I know it would be fun going down a tunnel slide, it would be pitch Black in there. No peeks of light thru the crack's.

Has anyone ever seen Hurricane Harbor illuminated with all these light on? I've only seen a couple of them on which I assume was for the maintenance and clean-up crews. I would imagine those towers cast as much light as the parking lot towers which would make it seem almost like daylight.

I know they have had after-hours events for employees in HH, so I would assume they light it all up for that.

This is true! They also have volleyball nights as well, so I've seen these lights on before. Usually there are private events after the park closes to the public so the lights are turned on for it! It looks so cool when the lights are on, I wish they did have an after-dark in the park event! Those lights are extremeley bright enough for it, I wish I had a picture.

• 6 months later...

no way, ive been there for volleyball and for open employee events and there isnt enough coverage to open at night. the whole middle island is dark around kukucachoos locker building and the food building(forget the name) same with the beach area around the wave pool. There also inst much lighting between the slide towers and the bottoms, especially the body slides. the lazy river has never been lit when i was there, even though we went in it.

I think one proplem is the lack of underwater lights in the pools and river. Most water parks do not seem to have underwater lighting except for Morey's and Hershey's Boardwalk.

• 1 month later...

This dose sounds like fun. A water park in North NH has after Dark events and they light up the water slides and have live music next to their heated pool and hot tubs.

Are any of the pools attraction heated? how is the temperature at night in the area.

• 6 months later...

The problem is HH woul have to cut holes in the concrete on the the side of the pools and river to install the lights. Then they would have to dig up the backsides of the pools to run the wiring, so it would be a mess and very costly to retrofit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts and you can ride Tornado at night. So will this be the first time the park will be open at night?

Friday, July 30 - Stay and play after the park closes for EXCLUSIVE RIDE TIME for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts on the all new TORNADO from 7:00 - 9:00pm. Enjoy discount admission on July 30 and 31 your friends and family can’t miss! Download an ORDER FORM today!

• 5 months later...

They're not "too cheap", they just won't stay open unless crowds warrant it. This is a business they are running and it doesn't make sense to open up or stay open for just a handful of people. ANY time either HH or the theme park has a large crowd, they will always run a soft closing if they possibly can. As long as people are spending money, they're not kicking anyone out.