VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2023-- 30th Anniversary Season!

GAcoaster

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, full lineup posted: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/events/fright-fest-2023

Saw and The Conjuring seem to be coming to all the parks.

It's great to see they're marking the 30th anniversary of Fright Fest this year too!  

They're showing eight haunted houses, five scare zones, and three shows this season. I'm a little confused why The Conjuring is listed as a haunted house and a scare zone? 

• GAcoaster changed the title to Fright Fest 2023-- 30th Anniversary Season!
  • 3 weeks later...

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 30 Chilling Years of Fright Fest this Fall

Featuring New Haunted Attractions and Returning Frightful Favorites Including Fun for the Whole Family

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 1, 2023 ─Six Flags Great Adventure, The World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, announces its’ fall line-up of events celebrating 30 years ofFright Fest. This demonic lineup features all-new haunts including The Conjuringand Saw X as well as fan-favorite entertainment and attractions. While daylight hours are reserved for the family-friendly Kids Boo Fest and Oktoberfest,the theme park will pull out all the stops for 30 nights of fright.

Fright Fest, presented by SNICKERS®, will have guests screaming in fright with eight heart-racing haunted houses, six terrifying scare zones and four ghoulishly entertaining shows around every pulse-pounding corner.

“We are ready to bring nightmares to life with the most horror-ific Fright Fest in our 30-year history,” said Six Flags Great Adventure Park President Brian Bacica. “With 2 iconic new haunted houses and freakish fan favorites, guests who dare to enter may never leave during 30 nights of wickedly frightful fun.”

Fright Fest Preview Nights ─ September 8 and 9

Be the first to experience Six Flags Great Adventure’s 30th Fright Fest with this exclusive preview event. With the purchase of a Fright Fest preview ticket, guests will gain access to six of our most popular haunted houses, five spooky scare zones and two frightfully entertaining shows - Freak Show and Blade Drummers - in addition to other thrilling rides and attractions.

30th Anniversary of Fright Fest ─ Select Days September 15 and October 31

Nighttime festivities take a frightening turn. Families with young children, those with sensory sensitivities, and those who scare easily are encouraged to exit the park. Haunting attractions include a fan-favorite ghoul parade, live stage shows, terrifying scare zones, plus eight haunted houses for the ultimate scare. Fright Fest will also feature the theme park’s enhanced dining and beverage options in the all-new RIP Lounge, fall shopping including popular Fright Fest hoodies, and a world-class lineup of rides and attractions. All daytime Fright Fest attractions are included with park admission while some evening attractions require a separate fee.

Highlights of the Fright Fest 30thanniversary include:

Eight Haunted Houses:

·        The Conjuring ─ Inspired by the film The Conjuring, dare to enter the secluded farmhouse of the Perron family that has been terrorized and plagued by sinister spirits (opening at Fright Fest on September 15);

·        SAW X ─ Do you want to play a game? Experience the return of Jigsaw as you attempt to survive his ingenious and terrifying traps in the untold chapter of his most personal game yet, inspired by the upcoming release from Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures, SAW X(opening at Fright Fest on September 15); 

·        Aftermath ─ The zombie apocalypse has struck a sole lively town. In order to survive, follow the escape route and avoid the infected with help from the evacuation team, if they are still alive;

·        Bloodshed ─ Come take a tour of Momma’s farm, but be warned, family values here are a little different;

·        Reflections of the Dead ─ If you come face to face with ghosts that haunt the artifacts within, you better find your way out quickly, or you just might become the next one behind the glass;

·        Big Top Terror ─ Take caution when following the forest trolls into this forgotten carnival. Once you meet the freaks within, they will make sure you never leave;

·        The Manor ─ Me. Manor invites you and his many ghostly guests to his 12th annual funeral party, and it has a strict ‘dead on arrival’ policy; and

·        Fears ─ Fears Co. is a morally sound corporation specializing in exposure therapy. When they tell you they will cure you of your fear, they aren’t lying;

Five scare zones:

·        The Conjuring

·        Clown Town

·        The Curse of Blackbeard’s Bounty

·        Bloody Fountain

·        Demon District

Monstertainment:

·        The Awakening

·        Unleashed

·        Dead Man’s Party

·        Freak Show

·        Blade Drummers

Fright Fest Power Hours ─ Select Weeknights

Fright Fest Power Hours return this October. Experience thrills and chills with access to hauntingly frightful houses, scare zones and epic thrilling attractions.

Fright Fest haunted attractions will operate on 30 chilling nights including September 8-9, 15-17, 22-24, 29-30 and October 1, 6-8, 12-15, 18-22 and 25-31.

“Family-Friendly” Kids Boo Fest ─Weekends September 16 through October 29

Six Flags will adorn the theme park in its fall finest with mums, pumpkins, cornstalks and hay bales. Kids Boo Festattractions for families will include trick-or-treating in Cornstalk National Park, the Hunt for Boo, a live show called Witch’s Brew and fun-filled wagon rides.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited for the SAW X house. I love the franchise, and the fact that it's being done by an outside company suggests it may be better than the amateurish, bare-bones houses we're used to. Glad to see they're featuring it so prominently – although it is funny that the Conjuring one isn't getting similar treatment.

Six Flags Great Adventure brings back popular Kids Boo Fest

WHAT:            Six Flags Great Adventure, the Thrill Capital of the World, invites families to enjoy Fall festivities during the second annual Kids Boo Fest. Guests will surround themselves with a variety of daytime family fun in Cornstalk National Park. The littlest ghouls and ghosts can trick-or-treat, explore interactive mazes and enjoy tales from the friendly neighborhood witch. Spooky adventures await as guests Hunt for Boo and board Boo’s Wagon Wheels. Kids Boo Fest offers activities and entertainment the whole family can enjoy.

WHERE:       Six Flags Great Adventure

1 Six Flags Blvd.

Jackson, NJ 08527

WHEN:            Kids Boo Fest: 11am-5:30pm weekends thru October 29                             

ADMISSION:  Kids Boo Fest is included with general park admission

Six Flags Great Adventure is hosting more Fall events including the 30th anniversary of Fright Fest open select nights through October 31 and Oktoberfest running weekends now through November 5.

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

Enhance the Chills this Weekend with a RIP Tour and New Haunted Houses 

WHAT:           Six Flags Great Adventure, the Thrill Capital of the World, takes fear to new levels during the 30th Anniversary of Fright Fest , presented by Snickers®. Guests seeking an extra dose of terror can enhance their experience with a RIP tour. These tours give front of the line access to the electrifying lineup of haunting attractions, reserved seating for spook-tacular shows, and entry into specialty lounges with a buffet to die for. Six Flags Great Adventure is also increasing its spine-chilling haunts with the opening of two new horrifying haunted houses:  

The Conjuring ─ Inspired by the film The Conjuring, dare to enter the secluded farmhouse of the Perron family that has been terrorized and plagued by sinister spirits;  

SAW X ─ Do you want to play a game? Experience the return of Jigsaw as you attempt to survive his ingenious and terrifying traps in the untold chapter of his most personal game yet, inspired by the upcoming release from Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures, SAW X.  

WHERE:         Six Flags Great Adventure -1 Six Flags Blvd.  Jackson, NJ 08527 

WHEN:            Fright Fest: Haunted attractions begin as early as 4pm and are open until park close         

ADMISSION: General park admission is required and some fright fest attractions are an additional fee 

Six Flags Great Adventure is hosting more Fall events including Boo Fest and Oktoberfest. Visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure for the full event schedule and to book your RIP tour.  

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, pashacar said:

Saturday looked bad, but not quite as bad as some I've seen in the past.

Harry, what's the history of the park putting out a "We're at capacity!" notice like they did this weekend?

It has only been recently that the park has posted crowd and weather updates on social media but the park has been pushed to the brink of capacity before including big name concerts and Fright Fest around Halloween.  In the past it has mostly resulted in putting up “Park is Crowded - You may wish to come back another day” signs or closing the gates to the parking lot when it is full like in 1981 for Marshal Tucker Band or 1986 for the Monkees.  

102006%20001%20copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, The Master said:

I wasn't too happy about weekday Fright Fests being upcharges this year. With the new merger I expect Fright Fest becoming an upcharge admission event. 

I get that the principle is annoying, but I have to say it was easily worth the $10. Walk-ons for every ride, nearly every haunt, and surprisingly full staffing in the haunts and even a couple of the scare zones. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I think the whole industry is moving towards charging specifically for haunt events as hard tickets like HHN/Howl-O-Scream/Knott's Scary Farm. They're all looking to double dip with day guests for fun/friendly Halloween then a special event for nights that is specifically less family friendly. 

The problem with including Halloween with the daytime admission is people keep their kids in the park and complain about them being scared when that's the point. 

4 hours ago, pashacar said:

I get that the principle is annoying, but I have to say it was easily worth the $10. Walk-ons for every ride, nearly every haunt, and surprisingly full staffing in the haunts and even a couple of the scare zones. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

But some of GAdv's were not worth any price, especially Aftermath which was mostly old park junk in the dark, just a very poor haunt. Bloodshed and the 3D Circus houses were pretty good, almost Dorney good. The rest were just ok.  Despite Dorney's many issues, they do have far superior haunted houses, especially considering they aren't upcharged. Unlike most of GADV's haunted houses, Dorney doesn't just mostly use old park junk, they purchase actually Halloween props. Now if GADV's houses were the same caliber as Dorney's houses I would not mind the upcharge as much. Upcharges need to have value.

^ Not entirely. The Blood Drums and Sideshow were playing when I went, and it was a nice surprise to stumble upon both. I was disappointed to miss DMP and Unleashed, though.

All that said, if it's a $30-40 upcharge for haunts on a typical night, and $10 for admission including haunts on a power hours night (not to mention 95% walk-ons), I'll choose the latter and be glad it exists. It's ultimately way more in line with the value of the haunts.

The current quality of the haunts are not worth $30+, that is for sure. The first Power Hours I went to lacked any shows but the next week I visited they at least seemed to have the drum show which they renamed Blade Drummers this year. A play on the title of the cult scifi film Blade Runner I think.

Edited by The Master