VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 TEA/AECOMM Theme Index

GAcoaster

18 minutes ago, Sluggo77 said:

How much longer until we see a new CEO try to fix things is my question?  Any chance some of the quality people who were the backbone of the park come back if new leadership does come in?

"1. Term of Employment. The term of Executive’s employment by the Company pursuant to this Agreement shall commence on the date hereof (the “Effective Date”) and shall terminate on December 31, 2024, unless extended by mutual agreement of the parties or earlier terminated in accordance with Section 4 hereof (such term, the “Term”)."

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/701374/000119312521329004/d262198dex102.htm

A lot of the former Six Flags Park Presidents are now running other chains or are running parks in Texas.

• Like 1

I'm trying to understand why they are still keeping them ranked based on 2019 numbers-  it's good to see GA's numbers, but at the same time I'm sure it has fallen below #20 with only 2.1 million attendance. Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and several Cedar Fair parks and even Six Flags parks that had higher attendance last year.  

7 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

I'm trying to understand why they are still keeping them ranked based on 2019 numbers-  it's good to see GA's numbers, but at the same time I'm sure it has fallen below #20 with only 2.1 million attendance. Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and several Cedar Fair parks and even Six Flags parks that had higher attendance last year.  

Probably since following years wouldn't be a good comparison, as rules varied and some parks didn't even open for part or all of seasons.

The year this is for almost all parks were operating without any government restrictions (except some of the Asian parks). The restrictions the Disney parks were under were all self imposed, while Universal saw record attendance. It was proof that the demand was there, especially if new attractions were opened. 

The results should have been:

1. MK- WDW- 17.1 million
  2. Disneyland- 16.9 million
  3. IOA- UO- 11 million
  4. DHS- WDW- 10.9 million
  5. USF- UO- 10.8 million
  6. EPCOT- WDW- 10 million
  7. DAK- WDW- 9 million
  8. DCA- 9 million
  9. USH- 8.4 million 
  10. SWO- 4.5 million
  11. BGT- 4 million