VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Enjoying Flavors Of The World - Six Flags Great Adventure - 6/24/2023

Sluggo77

This past weekend I had the opportunity to try out the Flavors Of The World Food Festival.  Overall I thought the food was some of the best that I've had at a SF's park.  Due to the weather it was dead overall but it made for a great day for my Pops and I as we got to enjoy the day and I got on a ton of rides too.  5 laps on Toro without leaving the station which was awesome.  I put together a blog post about the festival which features the stands, menus and some close ups of what we tried if anyone would like to check it out.  

https://www.sfneonline.org/2023/06/28/enjoying-flavors-of-the-world-six-flags-great-adventure/

Has anyone else attended yet?  If you have what are your thoughts about the festival overall?

Looks like a version of what Epcot does at certain times of year as well.

Plus, maybe throwing in a bit of their neighbor in the fall, the Big E.

Now, if they made it New England foods, that would be much more of a competition with that neighboring event ;)

2 hours ago, BillyG said:

Looks like a version of what Epcot does at certain times of year as well.

Now, if they made it New England foods, that would be much more of a competition with that neighboring event ;)

This one is at Great Adventure not SFNE. 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:23 AM, BillyG said:

Wait, what is the big E?

Impressed that this is the best food you've had at a SF park. I know Selim has been talking a lot about improving the food. I would love to see this level of quality more evenly distributed, and not just available from certain stands, and only on weekends.

48 minutes ago, pashacar said:

Wait, what is the big E?

Impressed that this is the best food you've had at a SF park. I know Selim has been talking a lot about improving the food. I would love to see this level of quality more evenly distributed, and not just available from certain stands, and only on weekends.

Basically, the equivalent of a state fair, held in later September (sometimes into early October), except that it has representation from all 6 New England States.

As part of the event, each of the 6 states has a building (often designed to look like their state Capitol buildings, or at least what they were when built in the 1920's-early 50's), and those buildings feature businesses specific to the state. 

Thus, the food offerings tend to focus on things said state is known for (a lobster roll stand, baked potatoes and blueberry items in ME, other seafood like clam cakes, clear chowder and Del's Lemonade in RI, maple items in VT and so forth).

The fair is held in West Springfield, which is just across a bridge from Agawam (home of Six Flags New England). 

23 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

This one is at Great Adventure not SFNE. 

OK, maybe they shouldn't use a link that starts off with sfneonline (sure sounds like New England to me) - oops!  But still a thought for that park to do it as well, particularly if it was offered like this one over the summer, prior to the fair in Sept/Oct.