VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2025 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

my prediction is that frontier adventures is going to get expanded into the northern star arena and the old stables at great arena site with the expansion being inspired by southwest territory from six flags great america

Edited by harry2004

• 9 months later...

so, to bring this thread back, I think giving the markings on the trees, I think we will see a new roller coster coming in 2025 to replace the northern star arena & some of the trees

On 6/4/2024 at 4:04 AM, GAcoaster said:

I think there may be big changes coming with the merger, so any plans they may have could be changed. Cedar Fair has a history of last minute changes in plans. 

example?

Posted (edited)

ok, I wouldn't be surprise if 2025 brought us nothing (well, maybe a one flat ride or 2, or maybe next season will do some new shows In theaters) and also, the reason for Orion move to kings island is because cedar fair was still looking to sell california great america

Edited by harry2004

I think that we may actually see a bigger investment. Great Adventure always was a top tier park until recently (since 2000). It was doing around 4 million guests at it's peak, more than Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Canada's Wonderland which are CF's top parks. There's no reason why it couldn't again-- population has only increased in the area, but the park has been allowed to slip over time thanks to poor decisions on the corporate level. Hopefully that turns around and they make some big moves to restore GA to its former glory. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 8:56 AM, GAcoaster said:

I think that we may actually see a bigger investment. Great Adventure always was a top tier park until recently (since 2000). It was doing around 4 million guests at it's peak, more than Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Canada's Wonderland which are CF's top parks. There's no reason why it couldn't again-- population has only increased in the area, but the park has been allowed to slip over time thanks to poor decisions on the corporate level. Hopefully that turns around and they make some big moves to restore GA to its former glory. 

Those poor decisions have also allowed parks like Dorney and Hershey to grow. I'm hoping that the CF side of things can see the potential the park has an add an insane coaster investment, which I know is alot to ask especially since we're getting a new coaster this year already, but realistically we have yet to see an addition that truly matches Toro or Ka.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I assume they will offer platinum passes for $300+ just like Cedar Fair currently does. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2025 passes go on sale August/September, so you may get the rest of the season free.