VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa Adding Phoenix Rising Family Invert for 2024

GAcoaster

Busch Gardens announced their new coaster for  2024 today:

This family coaster will have on-board audio and a 42" height requirement, and a top speed of 44MPH as it traverses 1,831 feet of track. 

Apparently SeaWorld and B&M made a deal for multiple new rides! 

• Like 1

I'm thrilled with this addition and am happy that the rumored family boomerang did not happen.

With Sand Serpent gone, a regular family coaster with no "gimmicks" like going backwards was really needed.

So many coasters at BGT are forceful and intense. There is nothing like Skull Mountain, The Dark Knight or Runaway Mine Train when you want to ride something less intense without inversions other than Cobra's Curse but that has spinning and the backwards section.

10 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

There is a mention of the cars "Swinging"-- hopefully it's a new ride style rather than just referring to the banked track sections... 

Sounds and appears to refer to the banked track sections.  No doubt, some new fangled definition of swinging.  I'm not sure what makes it a family friendly attraction either.

7 hours ago, Daved Thomson said:

Sounds and appears to refer to the banked track sections.  No doubt, some new fangled definition of swinging.  I'm not sure what makes it a family friendly attraction either.

Family only refers to the height requirement. The contingent of kids 42"+ and under 54" is pretty sizable. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you're correct about family now referring to the height requirement, but that's also an alternate definition of family.  A definition unique to theme parks, apparently.  And, I'm saying this in relation to what appears to be from their press release, an alternate definition of swinging.  I guess, until the ride opens, no one will really know if the ride will "swing" or if they are referring to the banked track sections as you suggest.

• 3 months later...

PhoenixRising.thumb.jpg.7ac931f2e661e64ebcc6d5d80a33a1c4.jpg

Taken Thursday from the ramp into the theater next to the ride. Not much has been done but hopefully once the track starts getting installed, it will be built quickly.

• 1 month later...

PhoenixRising2.thumb.jpg.cf116635f9cdabe5bfa67ebffe65ecf7.jpg

The first track was installed today. The Sky Ride had just reopened after being closed because of the wind and the ride stopped right before this spot. After about a 15 minute delay because of technical difficulties, the ride started moving again because of and then the ride shut down for the day once everyone was unloaded from the ride. I was wondering if I was going to be able to take this picture if the ride didn't get moving again. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most (or all?) of the track looks like it is in place. I couldn't get the best view because the Skyride was closed. They got a lot done in 19 days since I was last there. It also looks like Pass Member previews will be next month according to the rewards page on the website.

PhoenixRising4.thumb.jpg.113f70dab5d3c95f580006b444650f18.jpg'

PhoenixRising5.thumb.jpg.cfc0bc5dda6e8711cfcd205b94387ed9.jpg

• Like 1