VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rumor of the Simpsons maybe leaving Universal.

The Master

Screamscape reported there are some rumors that Universal may replace the Simpsons with another IP when the current contract expires, possibly with Pokemon.  I can see it since the Simpsons are owned by Disney now, then again that hasn't put an end to the Marvel Island in IOA. With possible replacements I rather see a return to Back to the Future than Pokemon.

Edited by The Master

• The Master changed the title to Rumor of the Simpsons maybe leaving Universal.

It's a VERY strong possibility. Looks like end of 2024 is most likely timeline with Pokemon replacing it in 2027.

Universal is ALL IN on Nintendo at this point, and Simpsons contract expires end of 2028. The ride system is old and needs replacement and they've made as much money as they could from the franchise. Marvel's contract is essentially in perpetuity unless Universal wants to break it or doesn't keep thing to the standards set in it. 

if the Simpsons do leave universal sooner than later, then a Pokemon area would been awesome replacement, maybe replace the Simpsons ride with a Pokemon snap themed dark ride (they can use the empty land between the Simpsons & men in black for future expansion of the area)

and also, if the Simpsons did end up moving to disney, I bet we get another power rangers at disney situation

Edited by harry2004

I would not be surprised if Disney bungles the Simpsons like they have with so many other IPs in recent years. That is besides the show having been in decline Iong before Disney's buyout of Fox. Still I would like a return to BTTF but that is unlikely. Ironic enough the Simpsons are not that much younger than BTTF. 

I'll admit the addition of Nintendo IP's to their parks has increased my interest in visiting. I have been in Florida for just over 2 1/2 years and still haven't made it to Universal since 2011 even though I really want to try Velocicoaster, Hagrid's and the other coasters that have been added since my last visit. Epic Universe is probably what is going to convince me to visit mostly for the Nintendo area and maybe even get an annual pass and dropping to a lower tier Disney pass.