VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Chiller's roar?

I was still terrified of roller coasters when Chiller was in operation, so I never got to ride it, but I do remember hearing that loud noise from the parking lot and wondering what it was from. As a kid, I thought it might have been a malfunction or something falling apart - perhaps that's what dissuaded me from trying the ride at the time!

I also vaguely recall those electrical/cackling sound effects (if I'm not mistaken, they were generated near the queue area of the ride), which can be heard in the last 30 seconds or so of this video:

• Like 1

I also never rode the coaster but remember the sound. I was standing near the ride entrance watching it shortly before it closed for good and I regret not riding it that day. I wasn't sure about the launch and the backwards cobra roll at the time as I was just starting to go on more intense coasters. That same visit was my first time riding Nitro, Batman, Medusa, Superman and Scream Machine.

8 hours ago, Great Adventurer said:

I was still terrified of roller coasters when Chiller was in operation, so I never got to ride it, but I do remember hearing that loud noise from the parking lot and wondering what it was from. As a kid, I thought it might have been a malfunction or something falling apart - perhaps that's what dissuaded me from trying the ride at the time!

I also vaguely recall those electrical/cackling sound effects (if I'm not mistaken, they were generated near the queue area of the ride), which can be heard in the last 30 seconds or so of this video:

Hard to believe Chiller has been gone for 17 years already.

Edited by The Master