VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Enchanted Teacups

GAcoaster

Another Great Spotlight. Good work as always. Everytime we go to the park with the kids, we are on the Teacups. My 3yr. old went on it for the first time on our last visit. It is a Family Classic, and GA's is one of the better one's out there. A couple of the "Cups" have a bad vibration when you spin it right now. But other than that, it's one of, if not the best Family ride in the Park. And that is coming from a Family.

The Teacups is the one ride that you can usually get on every trip if you want to. We ride it all the time now, and have taking a real liking to them. I would have liked to have ridden them when there was no roof, but I think it's better with one because it becomes an all weather family ride which makes it durable.

The only real complaint I have about the roof on this ride, is that if it's raining and you are in line, the roof is shaped just right to pour the water off and directly into the queue lanes onto you. Granted at the time I was soaked already, but it's slightly less than desirable I suppose.

Yep, it is John N., I'll have to keep my eyes out for him. But for an average guest, I doubt I'd see him.

John is still with the park and it would not be difficult to find him, he is no longer in rides. He is now the manager for the park services dept, i work for him and he is one of the best guy to work under and with.

• 4 years later...

This lawsuit is still working it's way through the courts.
https://njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/opinions/appellate/unpublished/a3279-19.pdf

On May 26, 2015, six-year-old Bella was a patron at Six Flags Great
Adventure Park (Great Adventure) enjoying one of its many amusement rides, the Enchanted Teacups. After the ride had ended, she was exiting one of the ride's twelve "teacups" when the ride's door closed on her right index finger, severing her the flexor tendon.

Zamperla manufactured the ride in October 1995, and installed it at Great Adventure in May 1996, where it has remained in operation. Since the ride's installation, Zamperla has not performed any additional work or service on the ride, including on the teacups' doors. The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs has regularly inspected the ride and permitted the ride's operation.

Plaintiffs sued Zamperla and Great Adventure, among other parties, for the injury to Bella's hand. As to Zamperla, plaintiffs' expert, Dennis R. Andrews PhD., PSP, CECD, WSO-CSS, opined that "within a reasonable degree of safety certainty, sole cause of the injury to [Bella] was the insufficient timing of the exit door of the teacup ride."