VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Terror Trails

29yrswithaGApass

Here are some photos of the two terror trails for Fright Fest 2008. Both have a $5 upcharge and personally, Demented Forest is better than Escape from the Asylum. DF is darker, scarier, foggier, and better themed. EFTA is pretty basic with very few props. The central location of the maze and the absence of trees keeps the trail better lit and less scary.

The lines actually looked worse than they were. With the line backed up to the Congo Rapids sign, the wait was only about 10 minutes. On the Escape, Chiller's queue was 2/3 full and the wait took about 20 minutes.

Demented Forest:

gallery_2_4_47082.jpg

gallery_2_4_38739.jpg

gallery_2_4_219863.jpg

gallery_2_4_172175.jpg

gallery_2_4_230130.jpg

gallery_2_4_93220.jpg

gallery_2_4_114297.jpg

gallery_2_4_201505.jpg

gallery_2_4_124841.jpg

gallery_2_4_93439.jpg

gallery_2_4_156579.jpg

Escape from the Asylum:

gallery_2_4_155738.jpg

gallery_2_4_58309.jpg

gallery_2_4_186929.jpg

gallery_2_4_119531.jpg

gallery_2_4_117581.jpg

gallery_2_4_67297.jpg

gallery_2_4_174327.jpg

gallery_2_4_95682.jpg

gallery_2_4_108189.jpg

gallery_2_4_123947.jpg

gallery_2_4_43461.jpg

gallery_2_4_172653.jpg

I went on both terror trails last night. Escape from the Asylum I thought could have had more props and actors. And the Demented Forest was very well done but could have used a few more actors here and there. :Bat:

I totally agree! It seems that the Asylum tried to make up for the lack of scenery with more actors. The Demented Forest had a lot of props but many were empty or unattended. In one area of the DF the fog was so thick that you couldn't see two feet infront of you. That was probably the scariest part.

For the people saying the lack of actors.. if I am right the more into October you go in Fright Fest, the more actors you'll start to see. I've at least have thought that over the years.

Generally all of Fright Fest gets better week by week with more performers, more props and better organization as they figure out what need to be fixed, what's working and what isn't.

Although i haven't been thru either Walkthru yet this Fright Fest, from the pics. I have seen it seems as if Asylum was the last Trail put together, and I think this week we will see more too it. One thing about the Mark Kane team in place is the Park is constantly evolving. When something does not work or doesen't end up as planned, they fix it. This Fri. I'm sure all our concerns will be addressed.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the 2nd to last FF last night and it was packed. Lines for rides that I haven't seen in ages. We went on the DF and the Asylum walks and I was totally impressed by the makeup and costuming. One of the best ones was this guy at the entrance of the demented forest. He must've been about 6'2" and face was done up awesome in blue paint. He looked more like a science fiction character than anything else, but the makeup was awesome and he stayed in character the whole time. Really good job with him!!!!

I did the DF trail and it was not worth 5 cents let alone $5. It was pretty bare with props and not enough actors. Also I had the same problem as Chris Chavan, obnoxious people acting up in the trail. One of the good things about the old hayride was that it limited how much obnoxious people could act up. Overall GAdv could have done a much better job than they did with DF.

Edited by The Master