• Love it!
    • It's an OK ride.
    • I'll ride it if there is no wait.
    • Horrible, worse than Viper!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent ride in the park. I won't wait on huge lines for it like I did the first few times I rode it, but it is different from any of the others in the park from the experience standpoint, and it gives us that much more variety of types of coasters to choose from while we are there. I like it much better than some of the other coasters in the park actually and can't say I have had any negative feelings towards it. It does freak my girlfriend out though :)

Superman is a unique riding experience and I am glad we have it at GA but I think the ride experience could be better. It is lessened because of its parking lot location and the trains seem sluggish compared to the other styles of B&M. As far as flying coasters, I prefer the Vekoma Flying Dutchman models. (I rarely like Vekoma, let alone prefer it over a B&M!) I think the rollover at the top of the lift on the VFD is one of the most thrilling aspects of that model ride. It is not until you are up high that you flip into a flying position and become airborne.

All that being said, I rated it as "It's an OK ride."

I voted for Love It. It's my 3rd favorite coaster in the park after Nitro and Batman. I like how there is nothing like it around anywhere else locally (I don't really travel to many parks) and it's just a fun ride. My only complaints are I wish it was a little bit longer of a ride and the crazy line it usually has. I only will wait up to 20 minutes for it so on those days where I can stay on for multiple re-rides, I take advantage and ride as much as I can.

I take an "obligatory" ride each year like I used to do with Viper but will only ride it under two conditions: there is little to no wait or if I am at the park with someone who hasn't ridden it and really wants to. So my vote goes to "Ill ride it if there is now wait." It's sluggishness, location and design definitely play into my vote. Does anybody remember back in 2002 there was talk about putting an original layout back where El Toro currently is? All I can seem to remember is that plans got change I think because the town wasn't crazy about them taking out trees in that area so it was moved to it's current location. The station was supposed to be where El Cocina is now. Can anybody back me up here or am I crazy?

I'm a tall guy and the restraints for the legs are very uncomfortable. Hanging in that position climbing the lift is painful for me and the ride isn't that thrilling.

I personally would like to have Viper back and I'm not kidding. Viper was rough but at least it was thrilling.

Superman is a good concept but I don't think they pulled it off well at all. In my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted that it is a okay ride but there are better rides in GAdv I rather ride. Still I ride Superman some but I would never wait in a line over 10 min for it.

Edited by The Master

Most over-rated ride of all time. I will ride it once w/o a wait. I refused to go back on it while it was a walk on once. It's the ride that makes you wish you have not waited for.

Edited by rcji

I worked there all summer,and i only ride it before the park opens or closes. the best time to ride is around 4pm. i dont know why but thats when the line seems to really thin out, to the point where its immediate boarding. the loose articles policy really helped this year in allowing the ride ops to roll trains, which NEVER happened in the past. they broke ridership records three times this year.

Now THAT'S funny.

Actually while it sounds funny it was very easy to refurb Viper and actually make it a much better ride. If you remember the summer of 97 the markings were even all over the ground and station. The modifications were fact but cut for budget reason.

After "twist" you went into a three level helix which would slow the train down before entering the heartline area making that area not as "intense/rough". The final turns would also be taken at a much slower speed reducing the side jarring that occurred. The first row of one train was also given a thick Styrofoam that made the ride more tolerable.

The major issue simply was budget and Togo's issues at the time.

• 10 months later...
While I appreciate your candor, I was hoping you would be able to elaborate a bit more.

Here's the reasons why I hate Supersuck Ultimate Bore so much.

1. It's not worth waiting for a short steaming pile

2. Going through that pretzel loop presses the harness in my chest

3. THEY REPLACED CENTRIFUGE G-FORCE FOR THIS PIECE OF SH*T!

If it's a walk-on, I'll ride it. It's an ok ride. If it was much higher and had some good dives it could have been awesome. I could do without the pretzel loop, but I don't mind it.

I actually enjoy the pretzel loop, I haven't been on another roller coaster that gives a similar sensation of going head first.

Here's the reasons why I hate Supersuck Ultimate Bore so much.

1. It's not worth waiting for a short steaming pile

2. Going through that pretzel loop presses the harness in my chest

3. THEY REPLACED CENTRIFUGE G-FORCE FOR THIS PIECE OF SH*T!

The park really could have placed the Centrifuge in another area of GAdv instead of shipping it off to another park.

What I really dislike about Superman is when you are hanging there on the brake run waiting for the other train in the station. Because you are hanging you get to see the brake platform all covered with spit and ABC gum and if you are unlucky vomit.

What I really dislike about Superman is when you are hanging there on the brake run waiting for the other train in the station. Because you are hanging you get to see the brake platform all covered with spit and ABC gum and if you are unlucky vomit.

Good point, not only that but it is uncomfortable. It would have been better had the cars dropped from the prone position while in the brake run.

Btw....great avatar Master.....Pennywise!! :Clown:

Edited by CablesEric