VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 2 - New signs for the Safari sections

I didn't realize how nice the signs used to look, they really look bad in comparison to how they were originally. The big bear sign really is noticeable with both pictures next to each other.

Edited by Yoshi

• 1 month later...

I know that this isn't entirely related, but the Hurricane Harbor theme elements desperately need refurbishment too. Everything from the tiny signs through the lazy river to the wave pool facade (and especially the large theme elements like the Bada Bing Sundial and Music Machine) is faded or otherwise deteriorating.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like we're getting at least one more of our wishes...the Safari section signs are being refurbished right now. We got to see them painting one today in the sign shop. In fact it was even the sign we chose to put in the calendar! :D

There's also going to be a Safari Tour bus stop added inside the park again, but this time in a much better location. They're adding it with really good signage this time to the gate right next to Kingda Ka where the smoking area was located.

That really seems like a logical location for the sfari to pick guests up. It would be wise of the park to also notate that entrance and the safari as a whole at the end of some of the shows containing animals like the Tiger and Dolphin shows. seems like the proper platform to mention a segment of the property some poeple might blow right passed in the morning or afternoon as they are arriving to the park. Besides after watching some lovely tigers display their abilities for you, a safari trip might seem like a natural fit.

We got to see them painting one today in the sign shop. In fact it was even the sign we chose to put in the calendar! :D

It was pretty funny that they were painting that exact same sign we used. They did say that they had 8 others that they were also planning on redoing! Those signs are huge when you see them upclose in a work area.

The Great Adventure sign shop workers are incredible and I am always amazed at their works of art. As some people may tell you, I have "a thing" for signs! :)

• 1 month later...

From what I recall on Saturday, any signs that had not yet been freshened up were not in place. I do remember seeing the posts with nothing on them in a few locations so it was probably those three you mentioned Harry. The signs really are very vibrant and eye catching now though, and I can say that while in years passed I went right past most of them, they really do draw your attention this season to where the animals you are going to be seeing are representative of.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...