VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 19- Repave the Safari Road/Update & Repair the Radio Transmitter

Our wish for Day 19- Repave the Safari road and update the radio transmitters:

Earth-Moving-Equipment-Mar7.jpg

090305-037.jpg

As far as I know the road and the radio transmitters haven't been repaired since the Safari was built 35 years ago. It would be great to see the Safari get a nice upgrade. It's one of the park's best features and deserves some love.

^ If you tune your car radio to 570AM you can pick up a narration spiel which they broadcast from a wire embedded in the center of the Safari roadway.

Click the image below to hear (see) a sample of the audio. You can see the wire down the center of the road.

(FYI.. the animals were being fed so that is why there aren't that many near the roadway.

gallery_2_38_635658.jpg

• 3 months later...

I keep forgetting about this when we go through it, and I always wish I would have listened to it when we were done. The again between the camera, steering, and then trying to listen I would probably find myself way too distracted smile.gif. But I am glad to hear everything sounded pretty good over the Safari airwaves today.